A Story

1/2/16

This is a story about two girls.

They were best friends. They talked and laughed and made memories with one another.

What the one girl didn't realize was that her best friend was in love with her.

Or at least that is what the girl thought. She was obsessed with her friend and, at least, lusted for her. 

One day, as inevitable as it is, the best friend started dating a boy. The girl was heartbroken, she didn't know how to feel, what to think.

Her emotions went from angry to sad to confused and then spiraled into a period of seldom laughter and harm and tears. The best friend would question her actions, but she would waft it away as fatigue or a misunderstanding.

This was till they had a sleepover. The one girl was nervous that she wouldn't be able to control herself around her for so long. But something was different.

At her crush's home, the best friend was different. Either a filter had been added or one had been removed. The girl was a different person. Not the same friend. She was still as beautiful and as pleasing as before, but a different person housed the corpse that the girl was convinced stood before her.

That's when the girl realized. She was not in love, she was in lust. Infatuated with her friend. From that day forward, the one girl didn't cry over the other, for she was no longer "in love".

She fell out.

~Tayler