How I get through the school day

12/28//9?

As I have battled with depression, I've realized that in my life, to get through the day, I have to admire the little things.

Before school, I talk to Sam, whose anecdotes and banter brighten my morning and prepare me for first period.

My first period is FULL of preps and snobs but I have Serena who I know will always agree with me on how preppy  everyone is.

I meet Kaitlyn afterwards and she reminds me of the honesty I need in my life surrounded by lies.

In theatre, my whole glee group makes me smile like a little family.

On the way to third, I look forward to the ranting and God talk with Gianna.

In third period, though it pesters me, I have to appreciate Hunter's constantly dumb questions.

In ROTC, while I'm always praised, Fennell telling me "King, looking cute as always." brings up my confidence.

On the way to fifth, this cute couple, walking and cuddling, reminds me of happiness that does exist.

In fifth, I have lots. Aaron (God!) laughing at my jokes, making commentary with me, Reilly's obsession with Scream Queens and Adele, and Justin's odd French. My wonderful handshake with Jayfnee.

Lunch is always fun, whether it's with Sam or Gianna or whomever. I love it.

Biology is my favorite, reminding me of the passion for knowledge that still exists and how my lab group is like another family.

And Geometry, though talkative and tense, I have Gianna, Aaron, Jayfnee and the constant Rhombi jokes.

I guess I'm thankful, this year, that I have the little things to look forward to.

~Tayler