Chapter 49

*Lucas*

It was 5 am and I woke up from an awful dream. I couldn't force myself back to sleep so I decided to pour myself some lemonade and watch some TV before I get back to work.

I walked down the stairs and headed for the kitchen. I found my favorite black and red glass and poured the lemonade in. I walked out of the kitchen and into the living room to find a figure sleeping on the couch. Thinking it was Maya, I walked over to the figure and started to nudge it until it suddenly woke up.

"What the?" I started, backing away slowly and eventually I fell. I began rubbing my eyes in disbelief. "Am I dreaming?"

"No, don't worry. I'm real" The person said. "The names Ethan. Ethan Allen" and when he said that my stomach started to form knots as I remembered something Maya had said a while back. She mentioned a guy named Ethan Allen and she told me that it was none of my concern. Well, now it is because he's on my couch, I thought.

"So your the infamous Ethan Allen?" I asked, getting back up and regaining my balance.

"The one and only" Ethan said, standing up and bowing.

I glared at Ethan. "Well aren't you something"

Ethan chuckled. "I'm everything you're not"

"Yeah okay"

"So where's the short stack of pancakes?" Ethan asked, looking around.

"Apparently, she's not here"

"Well, I should start looking for her then" and with that Ethan got up and headed for the door. But before he could put his hand on the doorknob, I slapped his wrist.

"You don't need to look for her. She says you're a guy in her past so why don't ya stay in her past?" I exclaimed. It angered me that Ethan thought that he could waltz back into Maya's life like he never left.

"Because Maya needs me"

"Yeah, she needs lemonade too" I said, sarcastically. I went for the jacket rack and grabbed my jacket and went out the door and Ethan followed.

-

"Where are you going?" Ethan started to ask. We were wandering around at this point because Maya wasn't answering her phone. It was 5:36 and the sun had already risen.

"I need to find Maya before she does something stupid" I replied.

"She won't"

I turned around and faced Ethan. "And what makes you so sure? At this point, I'm assuming the worst"

"Maya's a smart girl. She won't do something stupid"

It really annoyed me that Ethan was here helping me look for Maya. I really don't like him.

"Fine, I'll take your word on that" I muttered under my breath.

"So," Ethan stopped and turned to me. "Where do you think she is?"

"I don't know, a lemonade shop" I told Ethan, sarcastically.

"I think we're looking in the wrong place"

"What are you saying, Ethan?"

"I'm saying, I don't think Maya is in this part of LA"

"And why do you think that?"

"Because we sort of got into an argument before I fell asleep"

I wanted to slap Ethan at that point. I smiled at him somewhat politely and asked, "So...why the hell did you not tell me this!" I exclaimed. I found myself clenching my fist a little bit.

"I just remembered. She was like 'Fine, I'll leave' and then I fell asleep"

I started walking in the direction of the building. We were very far from where the building was but I didn't care anymore, I needed to get away from Ethan. I spotted a bench so I decided to cross the street and when I did, a car was coming and I felt moved from the scene.

-

A/N: omg, this cliff-hanger. comment what you think happened. 1 more chapter left. It will definitely be the best.

Xoxo,

-A