Chapter 30

*Lucas*

Maya had texted me, asking me to hurry home. So, I did my best to do so. I drove as fast as I could, without speeding or getting a ticket.

I finally arrived home and Maya was on the floor. I ran over to her and shook her. "Maya?" I waited for a response. I shook her again and she opened her eyes and opened her mouth but nothing was coming out. She struggled to speak before passing out again. I called 911 and told them my apartment and told them to come as soon as possible. There was something wrong with Maya.

-

When the ambulance came, it took Maya and I and drove fast to the hospital. On the way over to the hospital, I started crying and praying that Maya will come too. We arrived to hospital and they put Maya in a room. They asked me to wait outside her room and so I did. I didn't want to call Riley because her and Maya were in a huge fight and I don't think Maya would be happy to see Riley. I didn't call Farkle whether because he was at work and he needed to do his job and not worry about Maya.

I waited and waited until, finally, a doctor walked outside and came up to me.

"Now, who are you?" the doctor asked.

"Lucas Friar. I'm her boyfriend"

"Well, Mr. Friar, we can't let you in because your not family"

"Well, her mom died and her dad is halfway across the world with another women..." My voice had changed. I was angry that I couldn't see Maya. "So, you going to let me see her or what?"

The doctor looked at me. "Fine. I'll let you see your girlfriend"

I opened the door and there Maya was, on her bed with her eyes open. She had tubes picked into her arms and shoulders.

"Maya had a heart failure. Her heart stopped and your very lucky that you called 911 as soon as possible or else Maya would've died"

I walked over to her and pet her hair. She looked into my eyes, scared a little and said, "Don't worry, I'm okay"

I looked at her and tears started forming in my eyes. "Thank god" I whispered under my breath before hugging Maya as tight as I could.

-

After talking to Maya for a little bit, I let her sleep and decided on going home. But, when I got home, the
paparazzi was there waiting for something. And that something was me.

They flew over to me and flooded me with questions about Maya's state. I ignored them all and struggled to get inside the building. I took the elevator up to the sixth floor and opened my apartment door. I walked inside and went straight to my bedroom and fell onto to my bed. I layed down and soon enough, I was fast asleep, still worrying about Maya.

-

A/N: so, how was this chapter? This will be the same plot next chapter as well. I really like what I've been doing with this book so far. I hope you guys are enjoying it as much as I am.

Again, thanks for 1K. It's been such a HUGE accomplishment that it seems almost unbelievable. I'm very lucky to have such amazing readers like you guys.

So, I'm going to end it right here so I can write the next two chapters before the day ends. Like I always say at the end of every chapter, thanks for reading this chapter!

See you guys soon!

Xoxo,

-A