Chapter 21

*Maya*

I walked into my apartment and Shawn sat on the table eating cereal. He's always been a cereal lover.

"Shawn, we need to talk" I told him, sitting down.

"Okay, go ahead. Im listening"

"Okay," I started. "All my life, I've been miserable. My dad left me. My mom barely talked to me. I was poor. I met Riley and things started too look up a little, but it wasn't enough to turn my life around. I remember the first day I met you. You were everything I didn't have. We had similar childhoods, which made us bond more. You adopted me after my mom died and thank god you did. I would've been living with random people. You've always been there for me. Always. And that's what about you. So, if you need to tell me something--anything-- I'm right here and I'll always be here for you"

It took Shawn a while to process all of what I've said. He finally opened his mouth and started speaking.

"Maya, I did come here to visit you. But I wanted to talk to you. I met a girl and we've been dating for a while now. I'm pretty young and I dont want to live the rest of my life alone. But, I want to propose and I just needed to see if your okay with that"

I hugged Shawn. "Of course, I'm okay with that. Go get 'em, Tiger"

Shawn laughed. "I'll call her now and ask her to come to LA"

-

"So, whats her name?" I asked Shawn, who was sitting on my sofa.

"Angela"

"How did you guys meet?"

"We were good friends in high school and I liked her, a lot, but I never made a move. Then, I found out she was living in New York so I went to visit her and then she spilled her true feelings for me"

"How long have you guys been dating?"

"About 3 years now"

"3?"

"3"

"Well, I'm happy for you, Shawn. You finally found someone that'll love you forever"

"Yeah, she's coming on Monday. So that gives me the weekend to prepare my proposal"

"Can I see the ring?"

"Sure" Shawn pulled out a teal box and opened it. Inside, was a beautiful diamond ring with a hit of teal.

"She must love teal"

"Teal is her favorite color"

"She's going to love this ring then. When I get married, I want a ring like that but the box in mint green and the ring to just be diamond"

"Make sure Lucas takes note of that"

"How do you know hes going to propose?"

"Like I said, you picked a winner"

-

It was 11:23 pm. I was still up. I couldn't fall asleep and I didn't feel tired. I was tempted to use my phone but I kept telling myself "Don't do it, Maya. Don't do it" until I gave up and turned on my phone.

I went through social media and checked emails. I accidentally opened my phone button to see my missed call from earlier today. "I remember this. I never returned the phone call"

Without thinking twice, I called the number. It rang once. Then twice. And then a third until a voice finally spoke.

"Hello?" The voice said.

"Yeah, hi. Um, you called this number at 4 in the morning and now I'm returning this. Who is calling?" I asked.

"Hi Maya"

I hesitated. "How do you know my name? I don't even know yours"

"I've always known your name. Never once forgot it. Maya, it's your father"

"Dad?"

-

A/N: sorry for the cliff-hanger there guys. These last two chapters have been very interesting and short, hasn't it? lol. Sorry about that!

I hit 300 views after I got out of school and thats amazing. This morning I had 250. You guys are the best readers ever.

Hope you enjoyed this chapter!

Sorry about not having the picture. I dont know if it's just my account but, Wattpad has been acting very weird lately.

One last note: 2 comments and 1 vote can get chapter 22 and 23.

Xoxo,

-A