Chapter 26

*Lucas*

Shawn and Angela were just adorable. I wish I had a relationship like that with Maya. I hope in the future I can, hopefully, establish a relationship with Maya. Maya was something different and different was good.

It was around 9 and that's when I decided to go to bed because I had work in the morning. So I kissed Maya goodnight and headed upstairs.

I sat down on my bed and looked at my wall. How did I end up with Maya? I thought. It all just went too fast. I needed to take a step back from things.

***flashback***

"Lucas," Maya started as she looked into my eyes. I was feeling nervous as she called me to dinner at some place downtown LA. All I was thinking was: Why had she called me here tonight?

"Yes, Maya" I said, swallowing my spit.

"Do you know why I called you here?"

"Of course I don't know. You didn't tell me"

Maya laughed. "Oh yeah. I didn't"

"So, why did ya'?" I asked, squeezing ny hands a little. I was, somewhat, scared. I didn't know what to expect from what she had said. It could be good or bad. I could never tell with Maya.

"Well, ever since I've met you, you've been something special. I had never encountered a guy like you before. At first, I didn't like you because you were something I just couldn't have. You've helped me become something I've given up on and you ALWAYS encourage me to do my best. Your always there for me, when Riley isn't and I really appreciate it. And..." Maya said, looking at her empty plate.

"And what?" I asked curiously.

"And I like you. Like really like you. I dont think I've ever felt this way about a guy before. But..."

"But what?"

"I don't think you feel the same way" Maya said, scanning my facial expressions, which were nervous and scared.

-

Our food came after a little while and we wait in silence. I just thought about what Maya said to me and thats when it all came to me. I do have feelings for her. She paid our check and we left, still distant.

We arrived back at our apartment and before Maya opened the door, I grabbed her and kissed her. Her soft lips locking with mine as we shared the moment together, alone in the middle of the hallway.

***flashback over***

That moment was priceless. I dont think I'll ever forget that day.

I love Maya. Always and forever.

-

A/N: okay, so sorry about not updating sooner. I didn't know what to write for this chapter that had anything to do with the plot and Lucaya. So i decided on writing a "filler" chapter. NEXT chapter will be back to the actual plot of my story.

I'm very close to 1K reads on this bool and I remember starting it like less than three weeks ago, thinking no one will read it. And now...here I am sitting on my bed wondering how I got where I am today. The answer is you guys. So thank you for almost 900 reads.

Next chapter will go up tomorrow since Im free for tomorrow.

Xoxo,

-A