Chapter 10

*Maya*

I finished singing "The Weight" and "Stitches" and the croud loved me. It was phenomenal and overwhelming at the same time.

Grayson told me that a lot of the audience wanted me to answer some questions for them so I told him to tell them that I'll do a Q&A on Twitter and that they can tweet me with the #AskMaya and tagging my user @MayaHart. Grayson said "Okay" and returned to the audience to inform them of the news. mention a user.

I walked over to Lucas who picked me up and hugged me.

"I knew you could do it, I knew you could" Lucas said, crying a little. "I'm really proud of you, Maya. The crowd loved you"

"Thank you, Lucas. Thank you for making me believe that I could do that. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to sing my favorite songs in front of a loving crowd. Just...thank you"

"Your welcome but I'm not done just yet"

He took my hand and we gently crossed them. He took me to some people who I wasn't so familiar with.

"Maya, this is Jimmy Carter and his daughter Rosey Carter. They are the owners of Starr Inc, the music company. I invited them here because I think your a great singer and I also think you should be signed. So, they listened to you sing and.."

"Hi, Maya. And yes, we are from Starr and we're looking for the next big thing and we think you might be it" Jimmy explained.

"Are you interested?" Rosey asked, smiling. "You have an amazing voice and I think it should be heard. If you are, come by the company tomorrow to sign the contracts. You can bring your friend, Lucas, if you'd like"

"Sure, I'll come by," I turned to Lucas. "Want to take another road trip but to Los Angelos?"

"Anytime, anyday"

"Well, we have to go now but it was nice meeting you, Maya, and you too Lucas" Jimmy said and Rosey nodded and smiled.

"Thank you, Jimmy and Kira. See you tomorrow"

"See you guys"

I turned to Lucas and smiled. He smiled back and in the moment, I kissed his cheek. I think he was shocked because he stood there touching the cheek I kissed and was practically speechless.

"Well, I don't know what to say" he said. "I'm very shocked. Why did you..."

"Heat of the moment. I felt like it was the right thing to do. You deserve more than a kiss but Thats all i can give for now" I said, laughing.

-

After a little while after my performance, Grayson informed me and Lucas that they raised $5,000.

"$5,000?" I practically yelled. I had no words whatsoever. "Are you sure its 5K and not 500?"

Grayson laughed. "No, we counted it a couple of times. Its 5K for sure. Thanks Maya. You did a lot today."

"Yeah, you really did something that can benefit a lot and you did it by doing something you love: singing"

"Aw, thanks guys and your welcome, Grayson"

"Its getting late, so i think we should head home" Lucas said, looking at the sky, which had the sun setting.

"Yeah, it was really awesome to meet you and i hope we see each other again in the future. Thanks for everything, Grayson" I said, hugging him.

"Alrighty then, guys. Thanks Maya and Bye Lucas" Grayson said as we walked to the car. He kept waiving until we got into the car and Lucas drove off. I started falling asleep in the car but I couldnt quite fall asleep just yet.

'I really need sleep right now'