Chapter 44

*Riley*

Ethan and I walked into the building and headed for the elevator. I pressed the number 8 and waited for the elevator to elevate to my floor. When we got to the 8th floor, we walked out of the elevator and headed for my apartment. I opened the door only to find Maya sitting on the couch watching Pretty Little Liars.

"Maya," I started.

"Riley, shush. They're about to reveal who A is" Maya said, grabbing a handful of popcorn.

"Maya," I said again. This time I switched the TV off.

Maya glared at me but soon stopped once she saw Ethan. She stood up and walked over to him and touched his face. She looked over at me, waiting for a little clarification.

"Is he--is he real?" Maya asked me.

I nodded. "Why wouldn't he be?"

Soon after, Maya slapped Ethan and walked out the door. I stood there in a state of shock.

"Why did she do that?" I asked Ethan.

"I don't know"

"Well, I'm going to go talk to her. Stay here if you'd like" I said.

I opened my door and walked out. I looked around and food Maya staring out the window in the hallway.

"Maya! Why did you slap him?"

"He deserved it" Maya responded, clenching her fist.

"What do you mean?"

Maya looked at me and tears started to shred from her eyes. "He's caused a lot of pain for me, Riley. I didn't tell you but..."

"But what?"

"Do you remember the Silver and Gold ball?"

"Yes...but what does that have to do with anything?"

Maya looked out the window and replied, "That night has to do with everything"

-

A/N: hmm, the Silver and Gold ball? interesting...

Xoxo,

-A