Chapter 32

*Lucas*

"Lola?" I asked, walking towards her. She was on the hospital bed with her very big stomach.

She looked at me and sighed. "Hello Lucas"

"Why are you in California? Aren't you supposed to be somewhere living your perfect life without me?" I muttered. I wasn't very happy to see her right now. She was the only family I had and she left and didn't even stay in contact.

"I'm pregnant as you can see"

"You can be pregnant somewhere else. Why California?"

"My husband and I came here because of his job and I was pregnant before arriving and I thought I was going to labor so he rushed me over here to stay until the baby arrives," Lola stopped and looked at me. She gave a half smile and I just rolled my eyes.
"I also came to see you. To reunite with you. We can finally be family"

"Yeah, I'm sure you did" I said, sarcastically.

Lola looked at me, annoyed. "What is your problem?"

"My problem is YOU. I don't like the fact that you left me alone with them and then, you come out of nowhere telling me that your here so that we can be family again. Lola, thats now how it works. You left and I moved on. Its best if you do too"

"But I want for us to be a family again. We can be a family again, Lucas. Trust me"

"Yeah, it's a little too late for that. So, once you have this child, I want you out of California and out of my life for good. Do you understand?"

Lola just looked at me. I turned around headed for the door until she said, "Lucas,"

I turned around, trying my best to keep the tears from falling.

"I didn't want you to find out this way" She said and that was it for me. I ran out the door and tears started forming and shedding from my eyes. I went over and sat down in a chair, far away from Lola's room. I cried and cried until I realized that I had forgot about Maya. I quickly dried my eyes and splashed water in my face. I took the stairs up to her room and opened the door.

Maya was standing with her bag, on her phone. She looked up and ran over to me and kissed me. "Hey, where have you been? The doctor cleared me. We can go home now"

I hesitated a little, scrambling for words to say. "I--I ran into someone. But I'm here now, so let's go"

Maya studied my look and finally said, "Lucas, are you okay?"

"Yeah, yeah. Just a little tired. I just ran up some steps" I nervously laughed.

"Okay then," Maya said, taking my hand gently. "Let's go"

-

We arrived at home and I took Maya's things upstairs. When I arrived downstairs, I plopped onto the couch. Maya was in the kitchen, making a sandwich and for me and her. "So, what's new?" She asked, walking towards the couch. She set the sandwiches on the coffee table and sat down on the couch right beside me.

"Nothing really. How about you? Anything I should know about"

Maya thought for awhile before opening her mouth and saying, "Well, I'm in a fight with Riley and my tour is starting on her wedding day. Oh and that reminds me, would you like to go on tour with me?"

I kissed Maya and replied, "Of course. I'd love to. How long is it?"

"About a month. Can you take days off of work?"

"Yeah. Ill text Kasey right now to tell her" I pulled out my phone and quickly texted her telling her that I'm going on tour with Maya for a month. She quickly replied "Okay. Have fun!". I set down my phone on the coffee table and picked up the sandwich that Maya had kindly made. I took a quick bite and looked at Maya, who had shifted and layed her head on my lap.

I started playing with her hair before asking her, "Are you and Riley ever going to be friends again? I mean, it was a stupid fight"

Maya stared at the ceiling before responding, "I don't know. I guess it was a stupid fight, but Riley shouldn't be selfish and be a lot more considerate. I mean, my dreams are finally coming true and she expects me to turn them down. What kind of friend would do that?"

"A hurt friend," I said, looking at Maya. "She's hurt"

Maya looked into my eyes. She looked sad. She sighed then said, "Well, I'm hurt too"

-

A/N: okay, so I really like this chapter! Next, chapter will be very interesting...i promise!

Very short author's note but, I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter. Comment your favorite show or shows. I need new ones to watch! Thanks for reading this chapter, y'all!

Xoxo,

-A