Chapter 45

*Maya*

I sighed. "When you were in Italy that year visiting family, I met Ethan. I usually ignored him but I was desperate. My mother had died and you were 1000 miles away. So, we started to talk and he invited me to the ball and I went. I started to develop a crush on Ethan and at the ball he treated me like I was a royalty. We had so much fun at the ball until he got a call from Billy Ross. He kissed me and I never saw him again. The next day, I got a call from Billy about Ethan. Billy said that Ethan got hit by a car. But no one knew about it. They made no attempt at the investigation because some rich kid hit him and the kids parents payed the police to close the investigation. I was devasted but I decided not to tell anyone. And everyone was forced to believe that Ethan had left New York for South America when he was "dead". So do you understand why I'm so angry?" I asked Riley, punching the wall. "I was a fool" I said, crying.

Riley looked away. "No, you're not a fool. Ethan led you to believe he was dead. It's not your fault"

I sat on the floor, head in my knees. "Why does everything bad happen to me?"

"I-I don't know, Maya. But, I'm sorry. I'm sorry I wasn't there"

I looked up at Riley and cracked a smile. Soon after, Riley took a seat besides me and I put my head on her shoulder and cried my eyes out.

-

I got up with the help of Riley and walked back to her apartment. I opened the door and walked in and sat down.

"Ethan," I started.

Ethan looked up and locked eyes with me. "Maya, are you okay?"

"No, I'm actually not. Why? Why did you hurt me? Why did you leave me here--broken and devasted? You left me to believe that your dead. You knew I had feelings for you and you crushed them into millions of pieces. Why?"

Ethan sighed. "Look, I didn't want to leave you but I had to help Billy that night. He was in trouble and I wasn't going to just leave him"

"So you faked your death?"

"It wasn't part of the plan but I needed to protect myself and lay low"

"For 6 years?"

"I didn't expect that I was going to stay in hiding for 6 years. The guy that Billy was dealing with threatened me for helping him. So, Billy decided that if I led him to believe that I was dead he would leave us alone. So I did that. Although I almost got a kid arrested, I saved a friend"

I glared at Ethan and shook my head. "You expect me to believe that?"

"It's only the truth"

"Well, I want you gone now. I left you in the past so please go" I said, pointing at the door.

Ethan sighed and left.

"He was always one to help his friends" I thought.

-

A/N: i hope this makes sense. Also, can you guys check out my new book, Schizophrenia. It's been out for a while but no one has been reading it and comment your thoughts please. I need to know if people like it.

If your confused on what just happened, feel free to ask me to explain!

Merry Christmas Eve!

Xoxo,

-A