Chapter 31: Hello From The Other Side

Start from the beginning

"I'm sorry but I'm pregnant. If you want him to be with you, then you need to talk to him not me." I knew that he wouldn't leave. I was just scared of her so I just wanted to give her what she wanted.

"I'm just trying to get rid of the problem then I'll deal with him."

"He's at work right now so if you want to talk to him he's there."

"He's coming home like he always does to his little whore."

"I have to go. You can stay here if you want till he gets here and you can talk to him then." I heard the front door open and I'm busy with her, so I ignored it.

"Ok. Let me help you." Before I could register what she said, I was now off my feet and spinning down the stairs. I heard a muscular voice screaming my name but I couldn't stop or do anything. I landed but on my stomach. All I could think about was my baby so I tried to turn but I couldn't.

Zack was now next to me, crying and he pulled me into his arms.

"Zack, I feel tired. Good night."

"No Brooklyn, please don't go to sleep. Stay with me."

I started to see dots around the room and soon everything went black.

Zack POV

She passed out in my arms. I stood there frozen. I looked up and saw Ally standing up there so proud of herself. I wanted to go kill her but I had more important things I needed to do. I looked over at Brooke's legs and noticed her dress was turning red.

I picked her up and ran to my car and placed her in the backseat. I drove way above the speed limit to get to the hospital.

I got to the hospital in about 5 minutes. I went to the back to get Brooke. I picked her up and ran her inside. And the lady was on the phone, admiring her extra long, extremely fake nails, so I snatched the phone out of her hand and banged it on the desk.

"Look lady, I docent have time for your nonsense. My pregnant, unconscious wife is bleeding. I need help pronto."

"Let me go get someone." she ran over to the doctor that was next to her and he started yelling at a bunch of nurses.

Someone came running with a hospital bed and asked me to place her on the bed. They ran her through the doors and one of the nurses asked me to have a seat since she needs immediate surgery and they would let me know as soon as possible whats going on.

I sat down in one of the uncomfortable chairs and just started crying. I couldn't lose her, she was my pride and joy.

I calmed down and called LAPD and told them what happen. They said they would go to the house to see if Ally was still there and if not they would send a search party to go look for her.

My assistant called me after I hung up with the PD asking where I was. I couldn't tell her my wife was in the hospital so I told her just to clear my schedule for the next few days since I had a personal matter I needed to deal with. I hung up with her and just stared at the wall waiting for someone to tell me something, anything.

Its been ten minutes and I haven't been told anything. The only thing I've done is start to shake. I've played many sports so I know if you hit your head then you'll be in a coma and sometimes people don't wake up from those. What was I supposed to do if she doesn't wake up? I couldn't live in that house anymore, I couldn't look at anything that might remind me of her. I know she would want me to move on but I couldn't, thats just not something I could do.

Half an hour passed and I needed a coffee but I couldn't get up. What if the doctor would come to give me an update on Brooke. I wanted to leave, the hospital has never worked in my favor.

Five more minutes passed and I started to get pissed, not at Ally but at me. This was all my fault, I'm the moron that let Ally on to thinking there was a sliver of a chance to have a future. When they say karma is a bitch, they weren't kidding.

Another ten minutes past and I needed to use the bathroom now. But I didn't really need to know, this used to happen when I got nervous, but why would I be nervous if everything is ok? Brooklyn has to be ok. I just hope shes ok.

The police called me and told me they got Ally. We were free from her finally. They told me that when Brooke wakes up and remembers everything, then there's going to be a trial but until then Ally is going to rot in prison.

The double doors opened and a doctor came out with a pity look on his face. Being here a lot has taught me that pity looks are never a good sign and to start preparing for whatever is going to be told.

"Mr. Brody, I have good news and bad news. Which one would you like to hear first?"

"Good news. And then hopefully the bad news doesn't exist."

"Brooklyn is fine and she is currently recovering from the surgery."

"Oh thank god. Can I see her now?"

"I'd prefer if you didn't. There's other things that you need to know."

"Well tell me on the way to see her."

We walked to her room and he stopped me before I couldn't walk through the door.

"She's in a coma. She hit her head pretty hard. There's a 20% chance she'll wake up and have amnesia, but there's a 70% chance she'll wake up and not be able to recover any of the memories that were lost. But on the bright side there's only a 10% chance she wont wake up at all."

He moved over and turned the knob so the door clicked open. I walked over to her and saw millions of wires across her whole body. The most important thing I noticed is her flat stomach.

"Where is our daughter?"

A/N Happy new year!!!! Welcome to 2016!