Chapter 25 < Getting close?

Ashley 's POV

Since the day after the "Leona Lewis episode" my friendship with Andrew had gotten deeper. Like, we used to spend at least half an hour together in the whole school day. But, there were no signs of him liking me or anything like that. Still I liked this. For me friendship is higher than love. If he could be my close friend then that was enough for me.

Akira was constantly forcing me to confess. She was saying that now it's time. Should I do it for you? But my criteria was different. I wanted to wait. First I wanted him to be close to me. I wanted him to share his secrets with me. I wanted him  to be more open to me.

Now, we just met and "hi ash " and then I would say "hey Andrew " and we would just talk about normal things then bye. " This was it. It would be really awkward for me talking to him and most of time I found him and tried to talk he always used to look down. Either it could be a book or a football.  It would look like he was getting rid of me. It was for the first time that Ashley Wilson was having problem talking to a boy! Gosh!

So, today I decided to talk to him about his life.

"Hi Andrew. " I said seeing him sitting in the ground.
For the first time I saw Andrew Marks sitting with nothing like a ball or a book in his hand but his phone. Cool!

"Hey ." He said putting down his phone.

"So? Would you like to tell me something...like about yourself? "

"No." He simply replied.

"Okay..let me ask. What is the thing you love the most?"
I ask trying to continue the conversation.

"Soccer and Books."

"Oh!" I said as if I didn't knew that.

"Now, you tell me. Who is your favourite football player?"

Omg! Like I didn't knew anything about Soccer! ! I knew how to play. I even loved watching Fifa but ...football players? Think ash. Yeah ! Got it..I knew a player once my dad had told me.

"Its for sure Messi." I said with confidence as if I was a champion in football.

"What a coincidence! Me too ..its messi for me. I am a die heart fan of him..!"

Yah!!!✌ victory!!  I shouted in my mind.

"So , any other questions? "
I ask with hopes that it would be something like "who is your infatuation?  " or " what is your favorite... " something like that.. 

"Umm... Do you like football? "
Again football!

"Yeah.. "

"Cool... Okay so last one. You love reading books of which author? "

Books!!!
This is was such a dumbo question and answer session!

"John Green.  Okay. So bye Andrew... I have my class. "

"Fine. I still have 2 periods free.  I wish you could stay. "

What!!what did he just say?? "He wished I could stay with him? " He was actually enjoying my company like I was not definitely because of his stupid questions but still he at least asked me. Enough  ya!! 

"If you want I could bu---"

"No need to bunk. Attend your classes."

"Okay. Bye."

"Bye. "

Just then a thought struck my mind. Are  we getting close or something?