He continued eating. "And of course you will be lady of the house no one above you but me." He sighed, now he was content. "A wife is to serve her husband and god we will attend church together and you will be the wife expected of a nobleman."

She sighed, her head reeling a question forming on her lips. "What is it?"

"Nothing, my lord" She lied. Looking at her ring that had been given as an engagement ring she had felt like baggage when she realised what the word was on it. Dominic's.

He glanced at her, facial expression still distant unaffected. This plan would not work he would have to try or just control her make her submit to his charms. "I know it is difficult but I am your husband I will look after you if you obey me."

She was quiet, and sick of him. "I am full, my lord."

Content with himself he rose and gave his hand. "I will leave you with your brother as chaperone I must go into town for business,"

She nodded and took his arm, not talking to her. "Tomorrow you will leave for my home do not bring your clothing you may have some for one day of course."

He opened the door for her, bowing towards Thomas he quickly left. "Thomas," She curtsied towards her elder as he signalled for her to be seated.

"Your husband is satisfactory sister?" She nodded knowing only William knew her pain. Thomas being the favourite of the three siblings had a choice in his partner as well as respect now as a solider. Thomas would never care for her again.

"Aye brother,"

"Good I do not want any incompetence reported to me, understood?" Her twenty three year old brother glared at her, he ruffled his red hair sipping the drink, beside him.

"Yes," She glanced at her hands, she had never been close to her older brother only as a young child and even then he seemed superior to her.

"Good I will be your chaperone. William is fasting and in prayer I told him I would do it," She stayed silent, looking at the room she would say goodbye to everything surrounding her. He spoke of it as a chore.

"I will leave of course as soon as we arrive so you can bond but of course....." he trailed off as a tear leaked from her face. "Dry your tears," He spat.

She ignored him and continued to cry. "Some women are married to men old enough to be their fathers and repulsive, you have a good man and if you listen to him you'll be happy,"

She allowed the tears to flow freely, she always did. "Tears show weakness."

She spat on the ground next to him, she didn’t care and he got up. Before sinking back into his seat as she continued to talk.

"Listen, why should I always listen to men?”  She spat. "You walk around high and mighty but we have to listen and obey. You are such a sexist bastard."