Pain

*Spencer's POV*

I laid on my side and cried. That's all I seemed capable of at the moment. I had lost my baby, and it hurt more than I ever thought it would. 

"Toby!" I screamed. He had to be here. He's the one that had driven me to the hospital. He wouldn't have left me. Or would he? We weren't together anymore. I gasped a wave of nausea hit me and I threw up all over my pillow. Must be all the alcohol I'd had. I hit the call button and a nurse was there in an instant. 

"Can I see Toby?" I asked as she pulled the pillow out from under me. 

"Is he family?" The woman asked. 

"No. But none of my family is here, and I need to see him. I need Toby," I said. 

"That the boy that drove you here?" The nurse asked. I nodded. She sighed and walked out of the room. 

He walked in a little later, and sat down in the chair next to mine. I turned my head towards him and smiled.

"You're a mess, Spencer," he said. Not the first words I wanted to hear out of his mouth.

"I know," I whispered. 

"I'm not finished. I know you're a mess. You constantly break the law. You're always doing things to harm yourself, and recently, you killed your baby because of it. I'm not sugarcoating the truth. You killed your baby, Spencer. You need to learn to live with that. 

"But for some reason, I'm still in love with you. Even though you cheated on me. And I get that since you can't remember any of it, you were either too drunk to think straight, or you were drugged. I get that. But you shouldn't have been at the bar in the first place. I was talking to someone on the hospital staff. They're giving you a choice. Go to rehab, or go to jail. Either way, you'll be drug and alcohol free. I suggest rehab. It's nicer," Toby said. 

"You still love me?" I asked. 

"Yeah, Spence. I'm still in love with you. But I can't be with you until you clean up your act. Talk to me when you get out of rehab," He said, standing up, kissing me on the forehead and walking out of my room. 

I cried myself to sleep.