Dinner

*Emily's POV*

I sat down at the dinner table with my mom and Paige. My mom had invited her over so we could have a meal together. 

"So what's new with you, Paige?" My mom asked her. 

"Well, I broke my record for the back stroke today during practice. I just hope I can keep improving," she said. 

"Have I mentioned that I like you a lot more than Maya?" My mom said. 

"Mom," I warned. 

"No it's ok," Paige said, smiling. 

"So, Emily, what did you girls do after school today?" My mom asked me. 

"We were at Hanna's," I said. 

"Doing what?" She asked. 

"We were just hanging out. What's with the third degree?" I asked.

"Ashely sent an email to all of the parents, excluding your father since he's out of town. She wanted to make sure today's events were discussed with you. What happened at Hanna's house, Emily?" My mom asked.

"You really want to do this in front of Paige?" I asked. 

"You wont get in as much trouble if you tell me while Paige is here," My mom said. 

"Maybe I should go," Paige said, looking at me. 

"Thanks for coming, Paige. I'm sorry this evening turned out to be so shitty," I said. 

"Emily, watch your language," my mom said. 

"You ruined this dinner. The least I can do is apologize to my girlfriend for your behavior!" I shouted. 

"Bye, Emily," Paige said, waving and walking out of the house. 

"What the hell, mom?" I yelled. 

"Emily, what happened at Hanna's house?" My mother said, struggling to keep her voice lowered. 

"Nothing, mom. Nothing concerning me. You chased Paige out of here just to listen to me say that it has nothing to do with me!" I said. 

"If it has nothing to do with you, then why was I emailed?" My mom asked. 

"I don't know? Because I was there?" I yelled. 

"Emily, what the hell happened?" My mother yelled at me. I was silent for a moment. 

"Hanna, Aria, and Spencer all took pregnancy tests. They all came back positive. All of my friends are pregnant, mom. I'm not. Thank you so much for ruining my night with Paige," I said. 

"They're pregnant? Do their mothers know about this?" my mom asked. 

"Well, clearly, Hanna's does. And Aria and Spencer are supposed to be telling their parents," I said. 

"I'm sorry. I just assumed since I got the email it had something to do with you," My mom said.

"Well next time, try asking me about it when my girlfriend isn't over. I'll gladly tell you the truth," I said, slamming my fork down and running up the stairs to my room.