Future Plans

*Emily's POV*

I sat in my window seat in my bedroom, waiting for Paige to come. When she finally did show up, I knew what I wanted. 

"Hey, Emily," she said, a little uncertainly. 

"Don't worry. My mom and I figured everything out. You're not going to fall in the middle of a screaming match again," I said, smiling at her. 

"Why did you call me here? We could have met at the Brew," she said. 

"Because...there's something I wanted to ask you," I said. 

"Emily, you know I would do anything for you. But if -A is back, or you're pregnant, too, then I'm going to have to leave," she said, smiling. 

"Definitely not pregnant. But you would leave if -A was back?" I asked her. 

"Of course not. I was just thinking of worst case scenarios," she said, coming and sitting beside me in the window.

"What I wanted to ask you...was....well....would you want to run away with me?" I asked.

"Where is this coming from?" She asked, clearly shocked. I wasn't usually very spontaneous. 

"I just want to get out of here. Everything is falling apart. All my friends are pregant. Spencer is being a total bitch. My mother thought I was part of some drug club, thanks to Spencer. And we can't get married in Rosewood," I said, a little hesitantly on the last part. 

"Married?" Paige asked. 

"Well, I was thinking about my future. It definitely doesn't involve Rosewood. I'm a certified swim coach. All I would have to do is go to college for a few years and get a teaching license, and I can teach PE at a high school and coach the swim team there. And in the future, you played a major role. I'm not saying we have to get married in a few days, but I do want that in our future.  And I want our future to start now. I have enough money saved up to rent a small apartment. I have enough money to go to college. I just need to get out of here," I said. 

"Emily, I don't want to be a part of you leaving without saying your goodbyes. An dhonestly, I haven't even thought about marriage," Paige said. 

"Paige, I'm not staying here. I was just giving you an option to come with me," I said, taking her hand in mine. 

"Emily, stay. Finish high school here. You can't go to college to become a teacher if you never finished high school," Paige said. 

"I already secretly enrolled in a high school behind my mom's back. I told the school I was living with my aunt and my mother wouldn't be able to take care of it in person. I forged the signature, and everything. I'm finishing high school away from Rosewood. It holds too many bad memories," I said. 

"Fine. But you'll do that without me. I'm sorry it ended this way," Paige said, getting up and walking out. I was a little hurt, but I finished packing my bags and preparing to leave.