Heartache

*Aria's POV*

I watched as Toby dragged Spencer to the police car. I could see the pain on his face, and it hurt me. He was clearly in love with Spencer, but struggling with the fact that she had cheated and she was doing multiple different things against the law. It was his job to bring people like her in.

I turned back to the car accident, holding Hanna for support.

"Do you think she's ok?" Hanna asked. 

"I really hope so," I said. Hanna was grabbing onto my wrist so hard, I thought she might cut off all my circulation. 

"Hey, girls," Toby said, walking up to us. 

"Hey Toby. Are you ok?" I asked him, putting my hand on his shoulder. 

"Yeah, I'm just fine. I just had to arrest my ex-girlfriend for doing drugs and alcohol while she was pregnant, which I might add, is not my child because she cheated on me," he said. 

"Yeah, she's a complete mess. I just feel awful about it," Hanna said. 

"She said something about A," Toby said. 

"She's not crazy about that. I got a text, too. She said she was taking down the weakest link. We all think it's Spencer," I said. 

"You think it's Spencer, but Emily is in that car, and we don't even know if she's alive?" Toby asked. 

"Yes. Think about it. Whoever she was trying to torture, would not be let off the hook that easily. To A, death isn't painful enough. So she's trying to torture Spencer by making her think this accident was her fault for failing," Hanna said. 

"If you girls are right, we're screwed," Toby said. 

"I know," I said. 

"She's alive!" I heard a shout from the car. An officer was carrying a very bloody Emily out and to the ambulance. 

"Oh thank god!" Hanna whispered. 

"Do you girls want a ride to the hospital?" Toby asked. 

"Thanks, but we shouldn't leave Spencer's car here. I'll drive," I said. 

"Alright. I'm headed to the station then," Toby said, sounding defeated. I knew how hard it was going to be for him to deal with Spencer. 

"Let's go," Hanna told me, getting into the passenger seat.