The Brew

*Aria's POV*

The dinner with my mother and Mike had gone pretty smoothly. Ezra had assured my mother that he would help financially and with the baby. She had been a little disappointed, but she understood. It wasn't nearly as bad as Hanna's mom had taken it.

I walked into the Brew and sat down next to Spencer, who was already there. She was sitting there with four scone wrappers and three coffee mugs. 

"Woah there, didn't you have breakfast?" I asked. 

"Yeah. 10 pancakes. 4 scones. 5 coffees total. You got a problem with that?" She asked between bites of scone. 

"Nope. Not at all," I said. "Is that smoke?"

"Oh my god. You sound like my mother," she said, rollng her eyes. 

"You know smoking isn't good for babies," I said.

"Neither is drinking, but I did that last night, too," she said. 

"Oh my god, Spencer. I know you have issues with drugs, but you need to pull yourself together now. You're pregnant. You're responsible for the health of your baby. You need to get your life together," I said. 

"Some of us didn't want this. I know Ezra probably loved the idea of being a dad, and your mom is low key, so you're not in much trouble, but Toby kicked me out and my mom lectured me, so I have it harder than you," she said, unbuttoning her skinny jeans and letting her stomach puff out further than it had been. The jeans had been restraining her stomach growth. 

"You look five months pregnant and you're probably only two," I whispered. 

"We should probably schedule appointments," she said. 

"Yeah. And watch our health," I said. Hanna and Emily walked in together. 

"Hey guys! Woah, Spencer. Slow down there. Trust me. Hefty Hanna wasn't any fun," Hanna said, eyeing Spencer's expanding stomach. Spencer just rolled her eyes.

"Why don't we go shopping?" Emily asked.

"You really want to go into a bunch of maternity stores?" I asked. 

"Well, I have to make sure you're all dressed well," she said. 

"Yeah, let's go. I need new clothes," Spencer said, tugging her jeans away from her stomach. They were leaving an imprint on her skin, and it was red and angry. We all walked out to Spencer's car, and she got in the driver's seat, lighting a cigarette as she did. 

"Spencer, what the hell?" Hanna said. 

"I'm addicted already, ok? And I'm going to get really pissy really soon if I don't," she snapped.

"Spencer, could you maybe wait until there's not two other pregnant girls with you? I know you don't care about your baby's health, but I want mine to be ok," I said. 

"Aria, it's not going to hurt you," she said. 

"Spencer, put out the god damned cigarette!" Hanna yelled. She threw it out the window into the middle of the street. 

"Bitch," Spencer muttered.

"Stop the car," I said. 

"Why?" She asked. 

"I don't want to put up with your bitchy attitude. She's not the bitch, you are. Spencer, your baby is going to have so many health issues. You're setting it up for disaster. At the rate you're going, don't even bother to get prenatal care. It won't work," I said, as she pulled over. I opened the door and got out, followed by Emily. Hanna opened the passenger door and stepped out, too. 

"Whatever. Have fun," Spencer said, driving away without us. 

"What do you bet she's going to get drunk and smoke a pack right now?" Hanna said. 

"I just couldn't take her attitude anymore. I was so sick of it," I said. 

"Let's go get you in style. I see a maternity store right there," Emily said, pointing at it. We started walking there, and I felt a little guilty for ditching Spencer. 

*author's note: So Spencer is kind of going to be my trainwreck character. The heartbreak isn't done for her, FYI. Just for a vote, how many of you would want to see some texts from -A? I can put them in or leave them out. Do you want me to focus on the pregnancies or look at a bigger picture? Comment below and let me know!