Our Past Struggles

~Kakashi's POV~

Pakkun was able to pick up Misaki's scent. But by the looks of the sky, rain would be coming in and her scent would be washed away.

"It's obvious she went to the direction of Yugakure" Pakkun says, pointing his paw straight ahead.

"Alright, thanks Pakkun. We'll take it from here" I said. Putting away my icha icha paradise book.

"I can sense the barrier Tsunade was talking about ahead. We just need a way to get past it with out getting detected.." I spoke out loud.

Gai stepped forward. "What kind of barrier is it?" He asked. I look around at our surroundings. "I'm not sure.. The Byakugan would be handy right about now.." I trailed off.

"This will be as far as we go for today. We'll need an Byakugan user to see out the barrier.. Once we've done that, then we will be able to make a plan to break through this barrier" I inform.

Gai sensei nodded with an serious look. For once he wasn't hyped or "hot-blooded". But, I guess it's the fact that we're only a step closer to retrieving his dear student that has him like this.

"We should start heading back then" Aoba says. I nod my head slightly in agreement.

~Hidan's POV~

It's probably two in the morning by now, so I decided to leave Jashin's temple to look for Misaki.

She wasn't where she was earlier, so I decided to check places I thought she would be. Knowing her, it's places to calm her mind.

But after a while of trying to find her, I found no luck. So I decided to stop by Tashiro's place.

I knock loudly on the door until he had opened the door. He rubs his eyes with a tired look as he stares at me.

He quickly straightens himself up before bowing. "Hidan sama! I-I didn't expect you to be here!" He says nervously before standing back up.

I lift an eyebrow giving him an amused look. "Yeah.. Im looking for Misaki. Where is she?" I asked as my eyes roamed the inside of his house for her.

"Oh, she went home" he answers. "Alright" I said before turning on my heels and walking away.

I went to our parents house, hoping that this was the "home"  Tashiro was talking about.

When I went inside, the lights were off. I decided to search the rooms since I didn't see her in the living room.

I found her in our parents room asleep, curled into a ball as she holds our family picture frame close to her chest.

I sit next to her, careful not to wake her. I slip the strands of hair that dropped in her face behind her ear.

I wipe away the fresh tears that slipped from her eyes as she whimpers in her sleep.

For a while I sit here staring at her in silence. Thinking deeply. 'Is this right for her?..'

Sometimes, I wished I could change what happened in the past. I wish I didn't have to leave her and be separated from her from all these years.

But what had to be done, needed to be done. Back then I had no clue what I was doing. We were both kids ourselves back then.

*Flashback*

It all started the day when I overheard the higher ups about their decision. Our parents called us an mistake. I tried so hard to get them to love me and Misaki. Or even just Misaki.

But they were barely around for me. They showed some what type of love towards Misaki. But, that changed when she got to the age of five.

They distanced themselves from her and for some reason, they showed disgust towards us.