Chapter 38

{Tashi's POV}

I was waiting, nervously, in the nurses office for a good forty minutes before Kid and Soul returned, looking satisfied.

"Well? What's happening?" I asked them. I was happily in bed, Liz cuddling up to me when Soul had burst through the door, grinning maniacally, with a placid Kid standing behind him.

Without a word, and without giving me a chance to say anything they'd snatched me out of my bed, threw a blanket on me and dragged me all the way to the academy.

"Y/n's sick," Kid announced.

"... She's what?"

Oh no, had she gotten ill from the hit on the head? Is that why she wasn't in the infirmary? What had happened? Where was she?!?

Kid and Soul continued to explain all the events that had followed my departure, why y/n was acting the way she was and what we had to do about it.

I didn't say anything. It was a lot to digest, after all, and since I only knew what they had said I found it all very hard to believe.

"Tashi?" Soul asked.

I stared straight ahead, too lost in thought to look at them directly. "Will she kill me?"

They exchanged a nervous glance, and hesitated before answering. "She might."

I then looked them both in the eye and stood up.

"The person I love and trust more than anything killing me?" I said. "I couldn't imagine a worse way to go down. Let's go."