Chapter 16

{Soul's POV}

"Soul? Are you in here?" I heard Maka ask and quickly put my finger to my lips to shush her. She quickly shut her mouth and peered over couch to see y/n asleep with her head on my lap.

Maka grinned and jumped up and down quietly. "Oh my god, oh my god, oh my god!" she whisper yelled, then gasped. "Aww, does she have her thumb in her mouth? That's so cuuuute!!"

I smirked and nodded, returning my attention to y/n.

"Did you invite her to play with us later?" Maka inquired.

"No, I forgot," I replied quietly. "I'm
gonna wake her up in like twenty minutes if she hasn't woken up yet. I'll ask her then."

Maka nodded and slipped back into her room, closing the door silently. I wondered if y/n was having that bad dream, and thought about wether I should wake her up or not. She could've been having a nice dream though, and even if she wasn't, the dream she describe with the little demon guy sounded a lot like the dreams I used to have, plus her description of the demon matched my own perfectly.

However, it didn't seem to make complete sense. I thought that the demon had been a part of me, so wouldn't that mean it's only my dreams he can get into? At least, that was what he'd said, right?

{Your POV}

*in a dream*

"You really need to stay out of my dreams from now on, little guy," you demanded threateningly. "I'm warning you."

The demon chuckled. "Little guy?" he inquired.

"Yeah. Little guy, demon, whatever!"

The creature looked taken aback. "Little demon?! Oh but my dear, you've got it all wrong! I'm not a demon, you see, demons are little, and quite cocky, mind you," he tossed his hand in the air in disgust. "They make deals with whoever has the nicest soul, and then they basically worship that person till the deal is paid off; no lying, no trickery, and no manipulation," he scoffed. "Such a bore."

"Some might find that respectable," you remarked, but the thing just shrugged. "If you're not a demon, then what are you?"

"Wouldn't you like to know..." it chuckled before retreating into the darkness.

"Ugh, there's no need to be annoying!" you huffed. "If not a demon, then what? A dwarf? A disfigured man? A fairy? A midget with a weird interest in dance? Just tell me!!"

You stiffened when you felt the creatures presence behind your back. "An ogre."

You turned to face the small thing, but when you saw the ogre, it was terrifyingly huge. You screamed as its large red claws reached straight for you, it's white eyes staring you down.

You ducked under the ogre's arms and fled, it's massive footsteps echoing horrifyingly loud behind you. You could feel your heart thumping erratically in your throat as you legs pushed themselves as hard as they could, but they were heavy with fear.

I can kill it, you thought. I can kill it, I know I can.

With your confidence wavering, you transformed your arms into their twin blades and spun on your heel, ready to take down the beast.

But it was too late. The ogre had been closer than you anticipated, and by the time you had turned around, it already had you in its grasp.

You screamed.

And woke up.

{Souls POV}

"Y/n?" I said, prodding her cheek. "Y/n, wake up."