Chapter 27

{Soul's POV}

I remembered y/n's face as we watched the video, especially the way her jaw clenched once the woman showed up on the mirror.

I wanted to ask her about it, ask if she knew who the woman was, but she was gone before I got the chance and decided later on that it would be best to wait until y/n had had a chance to reflect on the video herself.

My thoughts should have been about the creature we fought, or making sure y/n was okay, but all I could think about was Kid's return. Even though he hasn't returned officially, I still couldn't drag my thoughts away from how not-sick he was. He seemed fine, actually.

The day after the incident I expected to see Kid at school, but he had not yet come back. Nor did he the next day, or the day after.

It was the Friday, four days after the incident when he finally made an appearance- though not in the way I, nor anyone else involved, expected.

I had been making my way to DWMA early that day, the time nearing seven, when a blunt force crashed into my side and threw me into the apartment block nearby.

I flew threw the window, the sharp pieces of flying glass shredding at my skin before I collided with the linoleum flooring, and looked out of the window to see the Shinigami's son staring down at me.

"Ugh..." I winced, spitting out some blood as I began to sit up, a sharp ringing in my ears. "Kid? What the hell, was that you?"

He didn't respond, instead he simply stood still, staring me down, his eyes cold as ice.

His lips moved as he said something, though my ears had not stopped their incessant ringing, and before I could say anything else when he turned and ran the other way.

As the my ears started to calm, and I was stumbling into a stand, a nearby noise started to becoming clearer and I listened attentively.

Ee ....

Eep....

Bee...

Beep...

Beep...

Beep... beep... beep beep beep beep beep beepbeepbeepbeepbeepbeep!!!

"Shi-!"

Boom.