Chapter 35

{Kid's POV}

We walked Tashi up to the front door and stayed with him while unlocked it. He jiggled the key and gave it one final twist up (left or right would have been asymmetrical) and stepped inside.

"You have a good rest now, alright?" I said.

He nodded, and Liz walked past me and stood next to him.

"I'll stay here," she told me. I simply nodded in agreement. No point arguing, she could do what she liked.

"Okay, have fun you too!~" Patty giggled excitedly. Tashi nodded once again with a small smile and gently shut the door. Patty didn't hesitate to start walking back to the school,her hands held behind her back and her legs kicking high in the air.

"They make a cute couple, don't they, Kid?"

I smiled. "Yeah, they do."

{Timeskip}

As soon as we had returned to the school I went straight to my father's office. Class was going on, but he and I both knew I need not attend for I knew everything that was being taught to the class anyway.

"Father?" I called out as I opened his door.

"Kid, hurry!" he demanded, not looking away from his mirror.

I nodded and closed the door behind me and rushed to his side.

"What is it?" I asked him, but I didn't have to because once I saw the mirror i instantly knew what was wrong.

"What happened?" I asked, looking at the image of the once cheerful and lovely nurse who took care of every student wether they were sick or not in a bloody heap on the infirmary floor.

"Y/n happened," he replied.

What?! What did he mean y/n? What could she have done?

Did the witch that was after her capture her? Was y/n sick?

"She attacked the nurse."

...

"She what..?"

She couldn't have.

This was y/n.

She hadn't even fought back when my doppelgänger attacked her, not until Soul intervened and got... hurt...

Wait...

"She woke up in a blind rage. I'm not sure what's going on in her head, but whatever it is it's causing her to lash out. The nurse went to her when she woke up with a glass of water, but as soon as y/n saw her she tried to kill her."

"Tried?"

"I've sent Stein to collect her. She's not dead, just wounded, but she will be dead if she is not treated to.

But now Stein is not monitoring his class, and it looks like that's where y/n is headed. Hold her back for now, but don't get too close. She can be very strong when she wants to be, and by the looks of it, she wants nothing else."

I nodded. Without another word, I sprinted out of his office, ready to fend off y/n.

So many questions and thoughts were grabbing at me for my attention, but I had to stay focused. The answers would come later, but for now, lives were in danger.

Through the numerous long and never ending corridors I made my way towards Crescent Moon. I had to get there before y/n did. Y/n had gotten a head start, but I was running as fast as I could, and my fathers office was closer to the classroom than the infirmary was.

I realized Stein would probably cross paths with y/n,and hoped she wouldn't hurt him, but I still had to pay attention to the task at hand. I had to-

There it was.

The classroom.

And there she was.

The girl.

And there he was.

Soul.

And there it was.

Blood.