Chapter 34

{Tashi's POV}

"Ah, Tashida. I see you've finally left the infirmary. With you being in there for so long, you'd swear it was you in that bed as well as y/n!" Lord Death laughed.

I chuckled pathetically. Truthfully, I didn't find it funny at all, which was painfully obvious. Lord Death didn't care though, he was used to students ignoring his jokes.

"You asked to see me?"

Lord Death tilted his head to the side in  a manner of thoughtfulness. "Yes, I am aware you were a witness to the fight that occurred in the streets not too far from here just four days ago?"

I shrugged. "Sort of. I only arrived at the very end, I don't know what happened before then, only after."

"When you say 'after," Death continued, "you mean y/n's unfortunate attack, yes?"

"Yes."

Lord Death nodded. "I see, I see. Can you recall the events that followed?"

"Sure," I said. "After Soul was knocked out and y/n got pissed- I mean, mad, and attacked the weird Kid-doppelgänger, he threw her into a wall which cause the remains of the ceiling to collapse on her. I saw this from far away, and by the time I got there, your son- the real Kid- showed up and, attacked his other version. Patty and Liz ran over to him, and together they managed to defeat the enemy... If you don't mind me asking, where is he, or it, being held?"

Lord Death replied: "I would tell you, but we can't be sure of anyone's true identity until the cause of this new enemy has been found and contaminated."

I nodded understandingly. "Yeah, I get that."

"You head home now, Tashida. You need sleep. Kid and his weapons will go with you to make sure you get there safely. Have a good rest, okay?~"

I said good-bye and made my way out of his office. Kid, Liz and Patty were waiting for me outside the door, and I was greeted with a sympathetic smile.

"Hey-"

"How's y/n?" Kid- the real Kid- asked, and when we made eye contact I noticed he looked even more exhausted than me. Poor guy, trapped in his home while Lord Death and Stein interrogated the imposter, only to find y/n almost killed by the creature he was hiding from. I'd hate to be in his shoes.

"She's... doing okay," I replied with an honest smile, because she was, really. Her heartbeat was regular, her blood pressure wasn't too high or too low. In fact, she was in perfect health, which really made the fact she wasn't waking up even more perplexing.

Kid smiled. "Good. Let's get going."

Patty jumped in the air with an excited chirp, and clasped her hands in front of her chest. "Yay! I'm starving! And really tired, I can't wait to go to sleep!"

We all laughed a little at that, before we left the school and made our way back to Kid's mansion with very few words shared between us.