Chapter 6

*Y/n's POV*

Lord Death has a.... unique, sense of style.

Walking through Lord Deaths corridor of guillotines doesn't give me the safest of feelings, but I gotta admit, it is kinda cool.

Cool... That word feels slightly different than usual... Why...

"Y/n!"

I look up and see Lord Death looking down at me, bending his spiky body sideways curiously.

"Oh, hello Lord death," I smile, and he waves back, and seems like he's about to talk when he gets interrupted by a middle aged red haired pervert.

"Well hey there y/n- you did great in that battle- you know you look really good today- you know maybe we should go out some time- have you ever considered a job at Chupa Cabras you'd be great ther-"

"Reaper.... CHOP!"

Death scythe slumps into a ball on the floor trembling in pain as his head squirts a fountain of blood- which doesn't seem healthy, but ok.

"My apologies, y/n. Spirit is an odd one," Lord Death apologises whilst glaring at Spirit.

"Oh no no, that's okay don't worry it's fine honestly," I apologise nervously, waving my hands in the air awkwardly.

"See Lord Death, she's fine with it," Spirit smirks, standing up and staring at me inappropriately.

Whack.

"Not that fine with it," I mutter bitterly, rubbing my now sore hand while Spirit lies on the floor cradling his head.

"Now, y/n, what is it you came here to tell me? Or do I already know?"

I gulp nervously, and Death hums in response.

"Yes, I thought so. Why don't you tell me about this little... 'situation', of yours?"

***

"Tashida!!" I yell out from the street below Tashida and I's apartment, cupping my hands around my mouth to louder my call.

A window facing the street on our apartment opens up, and Tashida pokes his head out. I smile and wave, making him laugh.

"What is it?" he calls back from the open window.

"Let down your hair," I reply cheekily.

He scoffs and rolls his eyes, shutting the window. I wait a few moments till the front door opens and he's looking at me with a sassy grin.

"Well, street child? Come in," he says and jogs up the stairs to our flat. I step inside and follow him, shutting the door behind me.

"You took your time," he smirks.

I tilt my head in confusion.

"Whaddya mean?"

He shrugs. "I mean, y/n, you took your time coming home... was it because of one of those boys..?" he cocks his brow cheekily, and I scowl.

"What is that supposed to mean?" I ask suspiciously but he just shrugs again.

"Mm, nothin', nothin'.."

"Whatever," I sigh and wave my hand at him. "I'm going into my room to study. Have fun doing nothing with your nonexistent life."

I walk to my bedroom door and swing it open.

"Hey, y/n," Tashida murmurs, and I halt. "Why do you remain partners with me?"

He is always asking me this, and my answer is always the same, so why does he persist on asking? Am I not giving the answer he wants?