Chapter 14

{Your POV}

*In a dream*

You groaned as you sat up, your back aching horribly. You could hardly see, though your clothes felt wet and warm, and the air reeked of iron and blood, making you cringe.

"Wait..." you mumbled the as realisation of your current situation hit you. "Im not..."

"Hello again, friend," a menacingly-familiar voice greeted you. You shuddered fearfully as you thought, please death don't let me be here again.

"S-stay away from me..." you warned, but as soon as the words were out of your mouth jazz music began to play quietly in the background, slowly getting louder.

The demon hummed along to the tune, and candles flickered awake in the rusted chandelier on the ceiling. To your annoyance, only some of the candles came to life, and there was an unpleasantly uneven spread of lit and unlit candles.

You sneered in disgust at the small yet incredibly dissatisfying image, and heard the demon chuckle.

"What? I quite like the imperfection of the candles, don't you?"

You shook your head and spat a quiet "No". You looked over your shoulder and saw the demon- who was standing frighteningly close to you- shrug.

"Oh well, I do," he retorted obnoxiously, which also annoyed you. God, that place was so annoying.

"Come," the demon demanded, holding his hand out for you to take, just as he had before. Your heart thudded in terror and you quickly slapped his hand away.

"No, n-no way," you stuttered frighteningly, shuffling away from the demon, blood sloshing your waist.

"Come now, dear," he soothed. "It's only a dream."

"Yes but if I go with you it'll become a nightmare," you snarled, feeling more defensive than before. There was no way you were going with him, no way in hell.

Not without a fight, at least.

The demon twisted it's lips and took his freakishly long arm down. "My dear, I'm not sure you completely understand the situation."

"I understand it perfectly, I go with you I get to see the people I love die, right?"

The little-man chuckled. "Yes, you're right about that. Except, Im afraid that is not the situation wth which I am concerned."

You frowned in confusion. "How so?" you inquired.

It shrugged. "Well, yes you are correct about the fact that, if you come with me the rest of your dream will be... somewhat unpleasant." He paused before continuing. "However, should you not come with me, there is a chance that the rest of your dream will be forever."

You gasped, taken aback by his words. You shot up, blood pouring from the folds in your shirt. Your skin felt hot and wet, your clothes matted to your skin stickily, and you reeked of iron and rust.

"What the hell do you mean?" you growled, your fists clenched so much your fingernails pierced the skin of your palms, drawing blood.

If this was I dream, why could you feel everything?

That's not how it's meant to go in dreams, right?

"I mean..." the demon smirked wickedly and his face darkened. "How do even know this is a dream?"

You couldn't take it. No way were you gonna just stand by and be forced to watch your loved ones perish, but you were not staying in this nasty room for eternity. You spun on your heel and fled, blood splashing as your feet connected with its steely fluid.