Chapter 31

{Souls POV}

Kid attacked me! What the hell is his problem!? He tried to killme?!?!

Y/n's in danger. She's going to see Kid and have no idea what he's like. He'll attack her. He'll hurt her.

He'll kill her.

I can't let that happen. I can't stay in this infirmary. I have to keep her safe. I can't let Kid touch her. If he lays a finger on her...

"Gah-!" I cried out, stumbling over a low chimney on the roof and falling to a balcony below.

"That little..." I spat, grasping at the bandages on my chest.

Just as the bomb Kid had set was about to go off I managed to throw myself behind one of the walls in the house, and thankfully the blast wasn't strong enough to blow up the wall.

But I had not escaped unscathed. I had managed to avoid any broken bones or loss of limbs- thankfully- but a brick or a rock of some sort had knocked me unconscious, and when I awoke in the infirmary...

I had a bandage wrapped around my side. I was unable to see underneath it, but from the pain I could feel, I knew whatever wound I had received was not small.

I hadn't had time to look in a mirror either, but I knew that a gash running along my jaw had been stitched up as well. I couldn't be sure how big or small the scar was, but it hurt like hell.

And so I lay, twitching in pain on the iron rails of some civilians balcony, blood beginning to stain the white fabric that was failing at keeping the wound closed. I knew I should have been resting, but I couldn't, not while y/n was in danger.

"Ah-!!"

My head shot up at the sound of y/n's panicked voice. I looked down at the street for y/n, but couldn't see her anywhere.

Come on Soul... Ignore the pain, this is y/n....

Ignoring the searing tear in my side, I pushed myself on to my feet, using the balcony's fence for leverage.

Once I was standing, I was able to notice two people on the roof of a house nearby, one standing with his arm in the air, the other dangling, choking...

Y/n.

She was choking. He was killing her. She was dying.

Her legs failing helplessly, her arms clawing at the hand crushing her throat. She wasn't attacking him. Why wouldn't she attack him?

She started going limp, her kicking coming to a slow, and it was then that the excruciating pain I was in went away, and my body took over.

I jumped. From roof to roof, speeding up, faster and faster, until with one final leap...

"Let her go!!"