Chapter 7

*Y/n's POV*

"What do you mean your flat burned down?!?" Soul yelled, making you flinch. He noticed and stepped back, regaining himself.

"It burned down..." you breathed quietly, staring down at your feet.

"Now now Soul, there's no point getting worked up," Death advised. Soul glanced up at him, his teeth bared in anger.

"But Lord Death.." he growled.

"Soul, I know it is distressing, but you need to remain calm, don't make me use my reaper chop on you," he warned, raising his large white hand threateningly.

"But, Father, how did it go alight in the first place?" Kid asked. "And where will they stay?"

When you arrived in school, your new gang of friends immediately noticed you were upset, and had followed you and Tashida to Lord Deaths room. For once, it seemed, Black Star didn't mind not being the centre of attention. With Makas arm wrapped around you comfortingly, Tashida had told Lord Death what had happened, and it had caused great distress among your friends.

"Y/n and Tashida may stay with Soul and Maka till they find a new apartment," Lord Death said.

Souls face lit up, but Kid seemed annoyed. "But, father, our house is bigger than theirs by far, should they not stay at ours?"

Liz and Patty nodded, but Death shook his head. "I'm afraid, Kid, the situation is not as simple as it may seem," he told Kid.

"How so, sir?" Tsubaki asked confusingly.

Tashida spoke up. "It wasn't an ordinary fire."

Our friends all tilted their heads curiously, staring at Tashida and I.

"You see, Kids," Lord Death began. "Y/n and Tashida have had some trouble for the past while, and this fire was not just some random occurrence. It was, in fact, a witch."

"A witch??" they gasped, and I shrank back into Maka sadly. She gave me a comforting squeeze.

"Like Medusa?!" Soul asked.

"Like Medusa, I suppose, but not her," Death replied. "This witch is one we have not crossed paths with in a long time, and we were very glad to have it that way. I was hoping she had been killed by another witch and we were simply uninformed, but we recently came across her when she was getting herself into a little.. situation. That's how we found Y/n and Tashida."

"That's how you found..." Maka repeated quietly, and you felt her arm's grip loosen. You knew what she was thinking, and it scared you. You cautiously backed away from her, and she stared at you in worried confusion.

I'm not a witch, you thought. I'm not, you misunderstand.

"Are you a..." Maka murmured, and you stumbled backwards, shaking your head nervously.

You nearly yelped when you backed into something soft, and the something wrapped around you, holding you tightly. You look up and saw Soul staring at Maka, grinning like she was stupid.

"Of course she's not, Maka. Don't be an idiot," he chuckled coolly, and Maka's lips formed into a line.

Soul had his arms wrapped around you. You felt safe.

He made you feel safe.

"No, Maka, y/n is not a witch, and neither is Tashida," you looked up at Lord Death as he spoke, though he wasn't looking at you. "However, they are being followed by a witch, and I think the reason why is obvious."

"Because y/n's so strong," Kid suddenly announced, and you glanced to him. He, on the other hand, was staring at you.

"Yes, more powerful, in fact, than you kids can imagine. I'm well aware that y/n has got a very special talent she has not yet shown us, and though I, Stein and Spirit know what it is, we have had a comrade-witch use a spell to hide it, though they witch Tashida and y/n are dealing with is well aware of that talent and wants to use y/n because of it."