Chapter 15

{Kid's POV}

My eyelids fluttered open to the light of the sun creeping in through my window. I yawned and sat up, recollecting the events of the night before.

I put my finger to my lips when I remembered what had happened with y/n, and I smiled softly before collapsing back against my pillow.

"Is this it? Is this love?" I asked myself thoughtfully, then frowned at the thought of Soul. "Have I won?"

I slipped out of bed and changed into my everyday suit, using a ruler to make sure all the angles and folds of the fabric were perfectly symmetrical. Once I was certain of my own physical perfection, I exited my bedroom and headed for y/n's.

"Y/n? Are you awake?" I asked softly while knocking on her door, but there was no reply. My brow furrowed in confusion, and I slowly slid open her door, peering in cautiously.

Y/n was lying in her bed flat on her back, panting heavily with her hair matted to her forehead. Beads of sweat speckled her skin, and she was clutching the bedsheets harshly. I rushed to her side, placing my hands on each of her shoulders and shaking her awake.

"Y/n! Wake up! Are you alright?! Wake up!!"

Her eyes flashed open, and her breath went still. I froze.

"It was..." she murmured quietly. "A dream..." She looked over at me questioningly with sad eyes. "Right?"

"What was?" I asked curiously. Her eyes widened frightfully and she jumped out of the bed in a flash.

After sleeping in her underwear.

I choked and blood spurted from my nose at the sight of her, and my hand instantly flew up to cover my eyes. I heard her gasp and assumed she was covering herself, but didn't dare to take my hand down.

I heard clothes fumbling and y/n humming frustratedly. Peering through a gap I made in my fingers I noticed she was dressed and was grabbing her shoes.

"Where are you going?" I inquired, but she didn't answer me. Without even a goodbye, she darted out of the bedroom, leaving me alone in bewilderment.

Okay... I thought to myself. What the hell had just happened?

{Souls POV}

God... I missed having y/n here. It was no fun without her! Maka spent all her time in her room studying, and all Blaire tried to do was get me in the bath with her!

That so would not have been cool!

I sat at the table prodding the spoon in my cereal-bowl, disinterested in the bland, soggy substance. It was a Saturday morning, meaning Maka didn't have to bribe me out of bed with breakfast.

Meaning I had to make my own breakfast.

Though I'm a terrible cook.

So my weekend-breakfasts suck.

I huffed in annoyance before picking up the bowl and dumping the contents of it down the drain, plopping the bowl back down the counter next to the sink. I leaned back against the counter, and shut my eyes.

Relaxed, I began to daydream about y/n; going on a mission with her, saving her life, her kissing me gratefully, us getting married, having kids, growing old....

Knock! Knock! Knock!

I was shaken from my pleasant thoughts by some hurried banging on the front door, and growled in annoyance.

"What do you want, it's Saturday morning for Christ sake.." I growled and walked to the front door, pushing down on the handle and swinging it open lazily.