Chapter 22

Ugh I hate writing date chapters what have I gotten myself into -.-*

{Your POV}

Kid stopped walking and I looked around to see where we were. My eyes latched onto a flashy neon-blue sign above a door that read The Aqua Lounge. I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion.

"What the hell?" I asked bluntly, my face clearly showing disapproval.

"It's a nightclub," Kid said calmly.

"A nightclub?" I repeated, looking between him and the sign. "Seems like a pretty dumb name for a nightclub. They wouldn't of been better literally calling it the Nightclub than The Aqua Lounge. It sounds like they based it off of Aquamans living room."

Kid burst out laughing, and I smirked.

"Okay, the name is absurd I know, but give the place a chance before you jump to conclusions, alright?"

It took me a minute to process what he said. "Wait, we're going in there?"

Kid rolled his eyes. "No, we're gonna stand outside in the cold and watch the sign flicker for hours. Yes we're going inside, dummy."

I punched his arm playfully, making him snigger. He took my hand in his- making my heart beat faster than a racehorse on steroids- and led me to the door.

When he knocked on the clubs door, we waited ten seconds before it was swung open by a large bald man wearing a fitted black tee. He saw me first, and was about to shoo us away when Kid coughed for his attention. Kid raised his eyebrow and the man obviously recognized him, stepped to the side and let us in.

"Privileges of being a reaper, huh?" I asked Kid with a wink.

He smirked. "Oh, you know it."

The inside of the nightclub was split up into different rooms- currently, we were in the main area, which was complimented with a bar, a sleek black dance floor and flashing lights, not too mention the double speakers at the side of the room five times the size of me and each blasting ridiculously loud techno music. I hadn't yet discovered what was in the other sections, but there had been two doors visible to me, one looked as if it led to a eatery while the other... I didn't want to know.

Kid took my hand and led me to the dance floor. I could practically feel happiness and excitement emanating from his being and....

Wait...

The room.... Is....

Completely

and utterly

asymmetrical.

I examined the huge room with walls approximately ten meters high and a floor that was nearly twice as big as Crescent Moon.

I was right.

How could Kid be so happy in a room where the bar was just off centre, one speaker was pressed up against a corner while the other close to the middle of the same wall, the door to the mystery-area was on the opposing wall, around twenty meters away and in the middle of the wall, while the door to the eatery-area was facing the bar on the opposite wall.

It was then that it really hit me- Kid had been acting weird all week, and then today he was his 'normal self', or so I thought. In reality, he was just more normal in comparison to the weird way he was acting before.

Kid doesn't usually talk this way, smile this much, make these kinds of jokes, but.... Soul does. So he's been acting like Soul...?

Why?