We eventually reached the doors of a bedroom. Two more guys grabbed onto my legs and lifted me up onto the enormous king sized bed.  My hands were handcuffed somewhat loosely to the top two bedposts with some odd looking cuffs. They were outlined with some kind of cushion while my legs were tied with rope. Without another word, all of the guys left the room, slightly easing my tension being in such a vulnerable position.

I breathed a sigh of relief as I looked around me. It was just me and what I presumed to be Garrett’s room.  Immediately I started twisting my wrists in the cuffs to loosen them up. Thanks god for the fuzzy cushion lining or this would have been a whole lot more difficult. I was just a couple tugs away from freeing my hands when I heard footsteps approaching.

I froze immediately and waited for Garrett to come in. There were two voices talking. Both seemed familiar. One of them I assumed to be Garrett’s, but the other one I wasn’t completely sure about. My heart pumped faster as the door knob turned. Anxiety and fear grew inside me. Garrett’s sandy colored hair came into view as he walked in.  I didn’t know what to expect from him, but one thing for sure was I definitely did not expect Baxter to walk in through those doors after him.

 I let out the long breath I was holding, but a queasy feeling in my gut formed. “Bax! Boy, am I glad to see you. Did Damon send you here to get me?”

He grinned, but didn’t say a word. At least not immediately. “No, Alaure. Damon didn’t send me,” he said walking leisurely towards me. The cuffs on my hands were starting to put painful pressure on my bones, but something told me now wasn’t the time to move them.

“Then how did you know I was here?” I asked skeptically. He didn’t answer me.

“Um are you going to get me out of here anytime soon?”

“No, not really,” he said, “In fact, I think I’ll take this time to tell you how stupid you are for getting yourself mixed up in this.”

“Oh c’mon Bax this isn’t—“

“Shut up and listen,” he snapped, cutting me off mid-sentence. Suddenly a chime resounded in the room.

“Crud, that’s my doorbell. I’ll go check out who it is,” Garrett announced, but quickly turned back to Bax and muttered, “If I’m not back in time, go ahead and do what you want. I did promise you first dibs. Bax nodded to Garrett and before he turned to leave. Could that possibly be Damon at the door? But why would he use the door?  I thought we were trying to be discreet. I was distracted from my thoughts as Baxter snapped his head back to leer at me.

 The feeling in my gut intensified as I waited for Bax to speak again. He wasn’t joking around this time.  Seeing him so serious was strange since most of the time he was messing around or teasing me. “Did you think I didn’t know all about your little plan to get your petty friend back? I can’t even feel sorry for you, because you had your chance to get out of this. I warned you plenty of times. I mean really, how stupid can you get.  You just had to get involved didn’t you? I tried to help you.  I literally planned out every step of the escape for you. Everything was set up perfectly for you to escape in his car. It was the easiest escape ever.”

Suddenly something clicked. It was no coincidence that I fished out Garrett’s keys that night. But what business did Baxter have with this Garrett guy?

“Instead you only got your little friend and yourself in more trouble.”

“Where is she?! What happened to Raquel?”

“Oh she’s fine….sort of.  She’s here in this very house. But that should be the least of your concerns right now. You should be more worried about what I’m going to do to you for interfering with my plans,” he threatened, coming to stand next to me.