Chapter Eleven

*The beautiful Violet above*

When I come to, I groan in pain, muffled only because I find myself face first in a pillow. Squinting against the harsh light pouring in, I roll on my side and cringe at the gross drool on my pillow. God, what the hell did I do last night? This is gross, and I feel gross. My stomach turns a little, warning me that throwing up is still a high possibility.

As soon as my eyes adjust, I look down and frown at the unfamiliar grey and blue bed sheets. My eyes dart up and see a lamp and dresser that I'm sure I've never seen in my life, along with a window and a view I've never seen.

Just when my confusion really begins to set in, I feel an arm wrap around me, making me panic instantly and jolt upright and practically trip out of the bed. Breathing heavily-- and painfully because my ribs hurt like hell for some reason-- I turn and see a still sleeping Reed. My eyes widen immediately as I take in his shirtless appearance, all the while, a million things start running through my mind.

What happened last night? Did we hook up? We couldn't have or he'd know. Does he know!? How did he get me here? Where is Carter? Is he worried? What time is it? Oh, god, what the hell did I even do last night?

I notice my beanie on the floor and go to pick it up, but suck in a sharp breath at the pain radiating from my ribs. Quickly tucking my hair away, I reach up to rub along my chest and wince in pain, realizing I still have the bandages on. They must have rubbed and worsened the bruises. I should probably check and make sure it doesn't look too bad, maybe I can adjust so it doesn't hurt so bad.

Backing away, deciding to get answers after I fix my appearance, I slip out of Reed's bedroom and down the hall in search of a bathroom. They have a really nice house, honestly. Pretty cream coloured walls and pale wood floors, family pictures hung here and there. Something about it, however unfamiliar, feels even homier than my own.

Finally finding a room with a toilet, I slip inside. There's a second door, but I figure it's just like a towel closet or something like that, so I hurry to the bathroom mirror and quickly take in my appearance. I look horrifying. My face is pale and there's bags under my eyes. There's a dry line of drool on my cheek and my clothes are disheveled and reek of alcohol.

First thing I do is splash my face with some cool water to wake myself up and clean up. After that I quickly take off the beanie, leaving it on the counter while I tug my shirt over my head , leaving me in just jeans and the ace bandages wrapped around my breasts. Already I can see bruising along my ribs beneath my armpit, where it's probably tightest. Just gently poking it makes me wince in pain.

Trying to be careful, but still hurting myself anyway, I gently start unwinding the bandages until they are a pile on the counter. Even once off, it's still hard to breathe and I can't help the build up of tears in my eyes as I cough and the sudden expansion makes my ribs ache like I just got hit by a truck. This isn't good. I have no idea why this hurts so bad, surely the bandages couldn't have hurt me this badly, people wrap up parts of their bodies when they're injured all the time! Maybe I did something last night.

Leaning against the counter, trying to catch my breath, I attempt to recall last night. I remember showing up and dancing with Reed. I remember going out to the swings and talking with Reed and him almost kissing me-- and then that boy-- Jeremy. I think that was his name. He showed up and I remember getting kind of upset and going inside and drinking a lot. I'm an idiot, why did I even think that would be a good idea? This is why I don't drink.

I remember finding carter and asking him to take me home, but then-- then I saw Jeremy kiss Reed. My heart pounds painfully at the memory, making my chest hurt all the more. After that everything just seems te become hazy. I think I drank more with Carter and ended up back in the livingroom. Some guy said some really harsh shit and I think Carter started a fight with him, and then I was suddenly in Reed's arms and I have no idea how that happened and then the last thing I can properly recall is going back to the kitchen to try and drink more because I was really upset.