Chapter 24

*1 month later*

"Taylor, get your ass out of my bed!" Vanessa screamed. I looked around the room and yawned. Last night we went clubbing and all I remember was dancing with some random dude on the dance floor. I remember I was taking a sip of alcohol to make the thought that Harry didn't want me, go away. And of course, I must have taken too many sips. It had been a month since they split up, and he hadn't come...Not text, call, tweet, nothing. He probably forgot about me, I probably didn't even exist to him anymore. "What time is it?" I groaned. "It's almost 11. Your signing for your album is in less than an hour. Your manager is gonna kill me!" Vanessa screamed pacing around the room. "Shit!" I squealed as I quickly hopped out of bed and ran to Vanessa's closet. She ran over and let me borrow a cute outfit, and from there we headed to the mall where the signing would be.

*Harry's POV*

I woke up to soft little kisses on my neck. "Hi baby." the girl whispered as I slowly opened my eyes. The room was blurry and all around me lay bottles of alcohol. Oh god. What happened last night? And who was this chick? The girl quickly put a robe on and said she was going to go make me some coffee. I sat there laying in the stranger's bed trying to recap the night but I couldn't. All I remember was taking my last shot and then it all went black.

The past month has been extremely hard. I lost my four best friends. Yeah, we all promised to stay friends even if we split up, but so far that hasn't been going so well. Liam was now engaged to Danielle, and Louis and Eleanor are more exclusive than ever. Niall's in New York with his friends and Zayn is who knows where. As for me? I have been drinking away each night trying to make all the pain go away. To make everything that has happened just disappear, even if it's only for a night. But then sadly, when I wake up in the morning, I remember it all. The girl walked into my room and set the coffee in front of me while holding her magazine. She was pretty, nothing special though. "Uhm I'm really sorry but where am I?" I asked quietly. "Lemme guess you don't remember my name?" she asked sadly. I slightly nodded as she plopped herself next to me. "You're in New York City, I don't know I think you flew out here yesterday? I met you at some pub last night and well yeah. My name's Mary. Not that you care." she sighed. "Listen I'm sorry I'm not normally like this... I just have a lot going on and.." "It's okay." she smiled and sat up from the bed walking over to her closet to change. I looked over to the magazine she left on the bed and grabbed it. I needed to get my mind off of who I had become. On the front page it read in large letters, "SPARKS CALLS OFF ENGAGEMENT". I felt my heart stop as I stared at the letters. Sparks. As in Taylor Sparks. My Taylor Sparks. Or who used to be mine.

*FLASHBACK*

"Dude you have to hit the note higher!" Louis said laughing at me in the studio. I leaned into the microphone and accidentally spit causing myself and the boys to fall down dying of laughter. "Ew mate just go get some water." Liam laughed. I sighed and walked out of the recording room to join Paul and some of the security guards. "Where's my water?" I asked while dancing to the music playing inside the recording room. Paul pointed to the room where Lou was in so I skipped over there bringing the water bottle to my mouth.

Lou was reading some magazine and she looked quite into it. I bent down a little so I could see the picture of a happy couple with a wedding ring that attracted my eye. When my eyes came close enough to see who the couple was my heart stopped. "Taylor Sparks and Aaron Renolds ENGAGED!" it said on the cover. I quickly turned around so Lou wouldn't see me as a tear dell from my eye. This couldn't be happening. But it was. I walked back to the boys and they instantly saw that something was wrong with me. I couldn't say anything though. I quietly finished the day and ended it with drinking my brains out. I could never get her back, I told myself. Every feeling in my body made my heart ache. That feeling where you could physically feel your heart thumping so quickly, almost hopping out of your chest. I couldn't stand the fact that she was smiling, and I wasnt the reason. The fact that I was too late. The fact that she couldn't wait any longer for me. The fact that she forgot about me and didn't love me anymore. The fact that I couldn't keep my promise.

*END OF FLASHBACK*

I reached a random light when I realized a bunch of girls following behind me. I hopped into the first cab I saw as I pulled out my phone. I went to her twitter but there was nothing as to where she'd be. I went to some fans twitters for her and that's when I saw it. "Taylor Sparks signing at the NYC mall." I quickly directed the cab driver to it as I anxiously waited to arrive. I hadn't seen her in two years. Nothing but her face on magazines, or TV. I couldn't stop myself from wanting her. I had lost her once and I wasn't going to let myself lose her again. I was going to keep my damn promise. I was coming back for her.