love is too weak a word

I started a new book called liar btw you should probably read it, it's a Luke one okay ily bye

***

Jai?" I poked my head into the finally unlocked bathroom door.

"Go away" he whispered hoarsely. I had given up fighting and silently walked out of the hotel room. Slowly I padded down the desolate hallway and knocked lightly on Lesleys door. Seconds later it swung violently open revealing James' tall frame.

"Maely I don't think you should-" He ran his hand through his already messy hair.

"Mate I'm coming in" I shoved past him and stomped over to where Lesley was lying lazily in bed. "Les"

She ignored me.

"Lesley! I'm sorry that you're angry that we didn't tell you about the baby we really shouldn't have done that but everything was all so crazy with weddings and New York and arrests I didn't have time to sit down and tell you about the fucking sperm thing growing inside her!"

She looked serious for a second and then burst out laughing.

"The sperm thing?" she snorted.

"Yeah what else would I call it" I frowned and giggled.

"A baby maybe?" she raised her eyebrow.

"Oh whatever" I giggled again. "So do you forgive me?"

"I was never angry with you in the first place" she sighed.

"Yay!" I cheered and jumped on her to hug her. "Can we go shopping today?"

"Maely, I just got married" she laughed "I can't go out shopping with you the day after!"

I pouted for a second and then James's head popped through the door.

"Babe..." he said persuasively, "The boys are making me film a video with them today"

"Really? Today?" she sighed.

"I'm sorry babe" he walked over to her and kissed the top of her head.

"It's okay" she said in a voice that resembled Eeyores.

"At least you can go shopping with me now" I grinned.

"Yeah you should go shopping!" James said cheerily and pulled out his wallet, he then threw a wad of notes at us. "Buy yourself something nice"

"Stop making me seem like a trophy wife" she yelled and tried to give it him back but he wouldn't take it.

"Awh you're my wife" he leaned over and kissed her chastely before pulling away and jogging back out of the door.

"I'm gonna get ready, be done in 30!" I shouted and slammed the door behind me.

***

As we sat down in a red and white striped booth in a 60s theme diner, stuffing our mountains of shopping bags under the table, I pulled my phone out of my pocket and checked for a text from Jai.

No new messages.

I sighed.

"So are you going to tell me why you've been huffing every time you look at your phone or shall I just ignore it?" She raised a slightly bushy eyebrow.