confessions of a cheater

sorry about the slow ass updates lately, I was listening to dirty work (all time low fam) when I wrote this. Irrelevant facts...

***

"Jai please let me in" I cried and pounded on our bathroom door. I heard a sob over the sound of the sound of water running. My heart cracked in a million pieces.

"Maely" I heard a voice and whipped my head around to see Daniel standing awkwardly in the doorway. "I think you should just leave him be for tonight"

"No I can't!" I shouted desperately and wiped my mascara stained cheek. "I can't leave him! I love him! I love you Jai!"

"Maely come on" Skip stepped over to me and moved me over to the bed where I cried onto his shoulder until I eventually fell asleep.

4 hours earlier:

"And they made it out alive!" Lesley cheered when we emerged from the doors, turning the vlog camera towards us.

"Somehow" Luke laughed along with them all but I stood silently behind thinking when the right time to tell Jai about the kiss would be.

"So we can finally eat now? I'm fucking starving" Skip complained and rubbed his shirt clad stomach a few minutes later as we turned off the assiduous street.

"Urgh same" I moaned as my stomach grumbled noisily. I then sprinted across the road narrowly avoiding a taxi taking me out.

"Maels watch out!" Jai shouted as I jumped back into the other side of the street. "I know I say your looks can stop traffic but that doesn't mean you should test it" he winked as they all rejoined me. I kissed him lightly on the corner of his mouth and grinned.

"Cuteee" Lesley cooed.

"Gay" Emily snorted.

***

"Maels pass me the salt" Luke asked not looking away from his conversation with Emily. I pushed it to him, who was sitting next to me, spilling some on his pants, smirking slightly to myself as I did so.

"Maels?" Jai frowned "I thought only I called you Maels?"

"Yeah you do" I said nervously "Lukes just being an asshole, as usual" I mumbled the last part through gritted teeth.

"What was that, babe?" Jai looked over to me. I looked down to my plate and went to tell him but then as I looked up I saw the happiness in his eyes and I realised I couldn't tell him about what happened in that stupid fucking cell. I couldn't break his heart like that. I couldn't.

"Nothing" I breathed and sipped my drink. Suddenly I felt a hand rest on my upper thigh. A cold shiver ran through my body as I whipped my head over to Luke who simply squeezed my thigh as he saw me looking. I angrily slapped his hand away and stood up abruptly.

"Leigh. Lesley. Toilets now" I demanded them.

"I'll come too?" Emily began to stand up.

"No" I shook my head and turned away.

"Maely I'm com-" she began.

"No Emily, stay!" I commanded her and pushed Lesley and Leigh in the direction of the toilets. They stumbled through the candle-lit restaurant until we burst through the door and I collapsed against a wall.