aquarium

I snatched the room key card out of Leigh's hand and raced her down to our hotel room. When I got there I saw there was one big double bed.

"Urgh I have to share a bed with you" I complained as she appeared at the doorway, "You sleep spoon! This is going to be hell" I groaned before bouncing on the bed and letting out a frustrated groan.

"You're just upset that you can't share a bed with Jai now his girlfriend is here" she teased me to which I just flipped her off and got my phone out. After we had unpacked, Lesley and Emily came into our room dragging Luke, James, Beau and Daniel with them. Apparently Jai and Aria were busy 'reuniting' in his room, after Beau told us this I felt a twinge in my heart. Was that jealously? Why was I jealous Jai and I were just friends? Friends that cuddle and sleep together... a lot. A voice that sounded alarmingly like Lesley's said in the back of my head.

"What do you think, Shorty?" Luke asked, he always calls me shorty like it's my fault that I'm tiny.

"Think about what?" I snapped back into the conversation.

"Where we should go today?"

"Oh I don't know you decide?" I mumbled.

"Aquarium or gym"

"What is your obsession with trying to get me to go to the gym?"

"Well sorry for trying to make you healthy" he said throwing his hands up as if to surrender. "Aquarium it is then, who wants to tell them two?" he asked gesturing to the room next door where Jai and Amy were.

"Not it!" they all screamed.

"Not it!" I shouted after them all then letting out a groan "Fuck"

I got up off the bed slowly and remorsefully shuffled down to the next door. I timidly knocked on the door and looked to the ground not wanted to know what was happening on the other side of the door.

"Busy!" a girls voice shouted breathlessly.

"Erm... we're" I felt so awkward knowing what they were doing "were going to the aquarium in like half an hour so... be ready?" I shouted.

"Okay Maels" I heard Jai so I ran away back to the room.

"That was literally the most awkward moment of my life" I laughed as I leaned against the door seeing only Leigh remained in the room.

"What are you wearing?" Leigh asked from the wardrobe.

"Hmm I was thinking clothes but I'm not sure"

"You don't have to if you don't feel like it" I saw Luke walk out of the bathroom.

"You'd love that wouldn't you perv" I laughed at him.

"To be honest I would" he grinned back at me.

"Unlucky then" I rolled my eyes and pushed him lightly out of the door before turning back to my suitcase in search of something to wear.

After we were ready I made Leigh go and get Jai and Aria who came back looking flustered and blushed when they saw me.

"Ley go then children" I said awkwardly as an uncomfortable silence landed on us.

***
2 hours later at the aquarium:

"Lesley let's go and see the sharks" I squealed and pulled her over to where there was a glass tunnel with sharks around you. As as we were looking at them I saw Jai walking towards us, I awkwardly looked down and when I looked back up Lesley had gone and he was in front of me.

"Hey Jai" I said acting normal.

"Hi Maels I'm sorry about... this morning" he mumbled.

"It's okay yeah you gotta-" I trailed off not knowing how to end my sentence. "I'm gonna go and find the others" I turned on my heel and went to walk back out but he grabbed my arm roughly and spun me back around so our faces where just centimetres apart.