new york ny

five days later:

"Okay this is like the longest thing ever!" I groaned and crossed my arms over my black trench coat. "Don't you dare say that's what she said. Now is not the time and also why would she be saying to any of you" I sassed.

Beau, Luke and Jai sniggered but stopped immediately and looked down to their shoes when I sent them a death glare.

"Is this happening? Is it actually fucking happening?" Lesley stuttered nervously and tried to bite her manicured nails.

"Yes it is" Leigh reassured her and smiled widely at her, as we tried to ignore the strange looks we'd been getting, considering we were a group of 19-22 year olds standing in matching floor-length coats in the lobby of the empire state building.

"Seriously though how much longer will we be waiting here?" I frowned again and tried to stand on my tiptoes to see how much longer we would be waiting but it didn't make much of a difference considering I was already in 5 inch heels.

"We're nearly there chill, impatient" Jai laughed slightly and wrapped his arm around me, and kissing my cheek afterwards.

"Okay all of you into the elevator" the texan worker ushered us into the lift and I threw my hands to the sky in victory.

"Finally!" I cheered and skipped into the elevator but skidded across the marble floor and nearly fell but two muscular arms caught me. I looked up and for a split second thought it was Jai, but then recognised them to be Luke's slightly different features not Jai's.

"Guess you just fell for me" he winked and helped me up.

"Yeah you wish" Jai interrupted and removed Lukes hands from my arms and pulled me gently away from him.

"In less than a minute you will be at the top" The same man smiled falsely looking like he wanted to kill himself as the lifts doors slid shut.

"One minute babe" James smiled giddily to Lesley and squeezed her hand.

"One minute" she repeated.

"One minute" I whispered to myself frowning nervously. In one minute everything I had been avoiding thinking about the past 5 days would all be happening. In one minute they would be saying their vows. In one minute her life would be changed forever. In one minute everything will be different. One minute. Just one minute.

"You okay Maels?" Jai asked me a concerned look on his face. "You look a little pale"

"When don't I look pale?" I laughed. "I'm fine"

I looked over to Lesley and saw the biggest smile I'd ever seen on anyone's face. She was truly happy, why was I freaking out and she wasn't?

"Because I'm in love with him" Lesley laughed and kissed James.

"Wait I said all that out loud?" I widened my make up baring eyes.

"No just the last part" Jai laughed softly to me.

"Welcome" A voice echoed through the speaker. Luke pulled out his camera and the doors slid open revealing the masses of people and abundance of lit up buildings.

"Want to move or what?" An angry old couple said and pushed through us and out of the lift.

"Ready?" Beau said as we ignored the man. We all nodded and threw the trench coats on the floor revealing our dresses and their suits.

"Okay just casually walk around that corner and act normal, make sure no one sees you!" James instructed us.

"Really make sure no one sees you? Do you see us right now?" I gestured to my dress.