Chapter Sixty-Six: Four Weeks

The same morning of their 'legit' conversation, Gemma realized something. Her eyes lit up, her smile widened, and when he asked why, she started to explain. "We met on wednesday, November fourth."

    He tilted his head, "And?"

    "AND, it is currently December second."

    She stared at him expectantly, waiting for him to piece it together.

    "Um . . . twenty three days till christmas?" He guessed weakly.

    "NO! Today is the day that we have known each other for exactly four weeks!" She exclaimed cheerily, as if it were obvious. He smiled warmly at her, realizing she was right.

    "So it is. How are we gonna celebrate?"

    "I don't know! This is so exciting!" She almost was hopping up in down in her seat, her grin giddy. "We should try something different, something we will both remember . . ."

    "I'm open for suggestions." He laughed, finding her everlasting enthusiasm endearing.

    "We should go to dinner somewhere!" She blurted out, before realizing what she had said.

    Dead. Silence.

    "No I mean, not going to dinner . . . " She stuttered, giving an embarrassed laugh, her cheeks flaming, "I meant, um, separately go out and, um, silly me, I forgot what we were talking about and I, uh . . . Yeah, no, we shouldn't go out, that's be like a date-HAHAHAHA- we'd never do that . . . "

    "Gemma," He laughed, "I'd love to go out with you sometime."

    "Haha, yeah, sure, yeah, um, sometime, not today or anything, and as friends of course . . ." She got to her feet quickly, and mumbled, "Igottagobye."

    She got up, and ran out the door, leaving him to smile after her and her adorable awkwardness.