Chapter Sixty-Four: Lady Summers

Tuesday morning she awaited his arrival with a sharply cut fedora in her hands. He was late. He cocked an eyebrow as he entered, and she had to stop herself from splitting her face in half with her smile.

    "I think you'd look good in a fedora." She stated cheerfully.

    "I don't do hats."

    "Of course you don't." She laughed, "Typical Noah."

    He gave a little shrug, "But I am honored you think so."

    She leaned across the table to place the hat on his head, and he couldn't help but notice how close their lips were to touching. She never broke eye contact, and as she adjusted the fedora, the strangest thought barreled through his head.

    He dismissed it so quickly, any telepath would have been suspicious.

    She finally pulled back, studying him and judging the new accessory. A slow grin spread across her lips, and soon enough he displayed one that mirrored hers. "I think you look deathly handsome."

    "And I think you're a bit biased."

    "What exactly are you accusing me of, mister?" She demanded playfully, and he instead leaned over to her, eyes suddenly intense.

    "Attatchments." He replied in a low whisper, and a small, sharp breath caught in her throat. She looked away quickly, heat rushing to her cheeks quite visibly. He smiled charmingly, noticing and enjoying the effect he had on her.

    "O-Oh." She stuttered breathlessly, in an adorably tiny voice. He smiled tauntingly at her once again, standing and gathering his things. He tipped his hat to her, causing her heart to skip a beat.

    "Farewell for now, Lady Summers." He said, and something about the way his eyes felt upon her . . .

    God, she loved it.