Chapter Fifty-Eight: Little Interest

He hadn't drunk himself into oblivion since he had met Juliana. He recognized the club, Mia spoke of it highly and visited often.

Loud music, nearly toxic drinks, gorgeous girls with model bodies . . . All of it reminded him of his teenage days.

    He didn't like it.

    He still got somewhat drunk, still partly danced, and chatted as if he did like it. Eleven thirty and he found himself with a Corona at hand, and Mia hanging onto his arm.

    "It was stupid wasn't it?" She slurred, referring to her past feelings towards him, before breaking out in a muffled laugh. "I was so stupid, so stupid."

    He smiled, but didn't say anything. He was so utterly unhappy . . .

    She wrapped her arms around his neck, pressing her small body to his, and swayed with him. His hands found her waist, and she squealed at the feeling of the icy beer bottle against her side.

    Blue eyes closed, the music matching her heartbeat, he felt more alone than he ever had before with her in his arms.

    "Do you know this song?"

    He paused to listen, but his senses weren't all too sharp with all the alcohol in his system. So he shook his head.

    "Do Me A Favour, Arctic Monkeys." She clarified, and began to mouth the words.

    He watched her lips with little interest, until they were pressed to his.