Chapter Forty-One: One Would

"You could stay with me." He offered, unable to stand the thought of her being alone.

"No! With Juliana moving in, I'd be intruding. I don't want to complicate anything." 

He sighed. "I guess. But I can't have you there by yourself."

She looked to the table. "There isn't any other option, really." She whispered, her voice trembling slightly.

"Hey," He lifted her chin up so that she'd meet his eyes, "We'll figure something out. I promise."

They sat a while longer in thought, sipping their coffees and pondering over possible solutions. Finally Noah looked up, his eyes excited.

"What if I can get one of my friends to stay with you?"

She tilted her head, confused. "Your friends would be willing to stay with a stranger?"

He grinned. "One would." 

"Who?" She smiled hopefully.

"He is a bit arrogant, and flirtatious, but he's harmless. His name is Matt."

"Is he cute?"

"Does it matter?" He snapped a bit harshly, but she didn't seem to take any offense.

"Nope, not at all." She assured him. He sighed, looking a bit relieved. This made her even happier, and despite herself, she found herself feeling a bit touched. She watched him dial in Matt's number, and waited with a smile on her face as it rang.