Chapter 7

Ana was walking home when she saw a familiar car park near by and honk at her.

"You want a ride?" Mike asked.

Ana smiled and hopped in the car as an answer.

They drove off in silence, Ana feeling incredibely awkward.

"Mike, I'm sorry for sort of blaming you for what happened at third period, you didn't deserve it with everything else going on..."

Mike shook his head and smiled at Ana, "It's fine Ana, I understand,"

Ana shook her head, "I was mean to you and you're still being nice to me? Why do you even want to be my friend? I'm eventually going to hurt you or-"

Mike parked his car on the side of the road and looked at Ana.

"Ana- it's ok, don't blame yourself for what happened, I'm fine ok? I don't mind doing this for you 'cause you're my friend, because I care about you and I know that you deserve that apology," Mike sweetly said.

Ana didn't know what to say, how could she respond when he looked at her like that?

His green eyes filled with sincerity.

"Thanks Mike, for everything, I just- didn't want to lose another friend,"

Mike looked at her and smiled a heartwarming, swooning inducing smile that made her speechless.

Mike reached for Ana's hand and Ana felt like she might collapse from all the emotions she was feeling.

"The tighter you hold is the faster they'll let go," Mike said.

Ana grinned, "Ok Vincens, let's go, I hope I didn't keep you back from doing anything,"

Mike shook his head in amusement, like Ana was being unbelievable, "No you didn't,"

"Are you sure? 'Cause I could just walk,"

"Ana-"

Mike was cut off by Ana's laughter, "I'm just kidding,"

Mike laughed as well and Ana savored the moment- willing her memory to never forget it.

She loved Mike's laugh, it always made her feel happier and he didn't use it as much as she would like.

Ana decided it'ld be her goal to make him laugh more.

He thought too much, and Ana got the feeling that it wasn't any pleasant thoughts either.

Ana and Mike had decided to take a stop at the garden behind the old amusement park.

Ana fidgeted slightly on the stone bench as something occured to her.

Ana glanced at Mike.

She didn't want to annoy him with the randomness of her question.

"What?" Mike asked, the amusement clear in his voice.

Clearly he had noticed her internal confusion.

"Uh- it's nothing,"

Mike laughed and held her hand again, making her eyes jump to his face in surprise.

"You know you can trust me right?"

Ana nodded, "Just don't laugh,"

Mike chuckled, "Ok,"

Ana giggled out of nervousness, took a deep breath and then began, "Why are you and Brad friends? and how did you two become friends?"

"Well...it was baketball practice and uh, I don't know why exactly, but you were his girlfriend, shouldn't you know why?"