Feelings

*Niall*

Harry didn't need to say more, or write more. I sensed immediately what had happened. I took the phone to my ear and I called my dad.

"Yes?" he muttered as he answered the call. I had so many things to say to him, but the main thing was that he had to stop.

"You leave Harry in peace." I said quickly. "You can't treat us like children. We are adults and we can take responsibility."

He was silent for a few seconds.

"So the idiot told you? That I could have guessed. Lying and run to you as soon as he doesn't get what he wants?"

I closed my eyes and I sat down. I was still at school.

"Daddy please!"

I know why he did this. I knew how depressed I had once been. I hadn't forgotten, but I had forgiven.

"He's the same shit!" hissed dad. "You look at him he's just want to..."

I interrupted him.

"Dad, I beg you. Leave me alone and let me live my life the way I want to live it. If I pick the wrong guy, it's up to me to have that experience."

He sighed.

"You get to choose. Your family, or that idiot!"

I felt the tears came. How could he demand that of me? I frowned.

"Harry!"

I heard how he took a breath. He was disappointed at me and he didn't think I could do such a thing.

"Okay!" he growled cold. "You have made your choice. I will let him be, but from now on is none of you welcome to my house."

----

I remember once when I had actually talked to my dad. I explained to him that he had to get used to the idea that I would meet a man one day. He had laughed and he hadn't showed a single sign that he didn't understand.

"I know my son!" he had said. "One day you'll meet the man in your life and I promise I'll treat him the same way I treat Greg's girlfriend."

Now that idea, that memory, felt alien. I didn't dared to even think about what he'll say to my mom. So far, it was my dad who had proceedings in the family, even though they were divorced. My mom was kind and she did everything so that no one would be angry at the other. This time she couldn't even save us. We were doomed to forever be enemies.

----

It was lit up in Harry's house when I went into his street. I wanted to be with him and it was with him I belonged. I understood that he was afraid, and I sensed that my dad hadn't been kind to him. I went up the stairs and I pressed the doorbell. The door opened almost immediately. I saw Harry's face and he had been crying. He blushed slightly and he was unsure. I chose to do the right thing. I said nothing, I just slipped into his arms. I wanted him to know that I hadn't changed my mind. I didn't want as my dad wanted and no one could come between us.

*Harry*

The sadness turned over to hope. Niall hugged me so hard and I had thought that he would immediately say that this was ended. I had been ready to fight for our cause, but instead he slid into my arms, and he pressed himself against me. I kicked the door shut with my foot, and I answered the hug. We stood there and it was as if time stood still. I felt his cheek against mine and his arms around my neck. I held him tightly, not wanting to let go, never ever.