Saturday

*Niall*

I stood in front of the mirror. I wore a pair of black pants and my new black shirt. I did as Louis had done, I let the top buttons be unbuttoned. I had fixed my hair and I had shaved my face. Okay, I had no high hopes for the evening, but I was sure that something would change. I would dare and I'd be like everyone else. I would talk to people and I'd laugh. Maybe I could laugh through the night?

"Are you sure about this?"

I spin around and I looked at Dad. Yes, he was worried for me and he had reason to hesitate. I nodded.

"Yes, I'm sure."

He smiled wide and indeed he seemed proud that his son finally did something else, than to stay at home.

"Do you take with you the phone so I can call you and you can reach me?"

I nodded and showed that it was already down in the back pocket. He gave the thumbs up.

"And you call even if you happen to drink too much? I'll pick you up with the car if you need me."

I was happy that he was trying to be a good father. I knew he was still afraid of the truth, but he was one of the few who really tried. I had a good relationship with all in my family, yet I was my dad's son. He always stood behind me, even when I messed myself up. I was glad I had him as my father.

"Maybe I wont be home alone." I joked. He laughed and he seemed amused by the comment.

"Do you have condoms?"

Okay, he walked across the line and immediately I became read all over my face. He laughed a little bit and then he leaned against the door frame.

"I'm joking!" he got up. "I haven't with that thing to do, but it's good to have a condom in your pocket."

I frowned.

"I wont end up with a girl, daddy?"

He had a mischievous smile.

"No, but perhaps a handsome guy?"

I shook my head quickly.

"The chances are minimal."

It was nice that we were open, and he still wanted to try to be kind to me.

"Well, we'll see!" he said a little thoughtful. "It's not the school's party and who knows who will be there?"

I shook still on the head and I looked at myself in the mirror one last time.

"No I haven't ever been that lucky and not even now."

He cleared his throat a little and he came over to me. He took his hands against my shoulders and looked into my eyes.

"Niall, I know that there's someone for everyone and even for you. He might not show up here and now, but one day you'll find him."

My heart become warm.

"Thanks Dad!"

He hugged me hard and I answered the hug.

"I actually want your best and I know you will be happy." he whispered, and then he released me.

----

"WOW!"

Louis nodded with satisfaction to me. I blushed a little bit and I looked at him and Eleanor. Although they looked like other people and I was forced to admit that we really looked like rich people this evening.