Three years later,

*Niall*

I could not believe it. I had my own apartment and I had my own work. I had just become twenty-one years old, and life lay before me. Talk about that I had arranged everything and now I was sitting in my own kitchen and drank tea out of my own mug.

"You're just too funny!" My brother Greg put in the last box with stuff in and then he came into the kitchen. He sat down on the other side of the table and he seemed amused by me. "You look like a kid on Christmas!"

I nodded.

"It's because I have finally changed the life."

He agreed with me.

"Yes, after college and everything, you should be eager to stand on your own?"

I nodded with satisfaction.

"Yes, and on Monday I start working."

Niall Horan was now a teacher at a high school. Yes, can you imagine? I was a music teachers, English teacher and then I would help a little everywhere. I felt this was the best day of my life and I knew it could only get better.

"If you need anything, call!" Greg said, and then he looked at the clock. "I actually have to go now, we have plans for the weekend."

I stood up and I gave him a hug. He had everything. A girlfriend, a son, a house and what normal people wanted. I myself had chosen to be single.

I couldn't help but occasionally think about Harry. I regretted, some times, that I didn't gave him a chance. At the same time I knew I was a scared guy back then. I remembered dimly Harry's face and actually I think that he actually loved me, I was sure that I also loved him back.

Single? Why was I single?

Honestly, I have tried to get together with guys, but I never felt that tingle, that feeling that Harry had made me feel. Instead, it was as if I kissed a door, a flat feeling, and there was no idea to be together with a door? Yes, it had been three years, over three years, yet I couldn't let go of all that feelings that I once had. A month after Harry had left school, I realized that I missed him and actually there were days when I had cried over that he left. It took me six months to get over that lonely feeling. After that, I chose to do the only right thing. Educate myself! I chose to be a teacher and I chose to do something with my life. My dad was proud of me and I had actually started to be proud over myself.

*Harry*

I smiled at the customer. I put her in the chair and I prepared the tools. She had chosen a rose, a red rose on her chest and I was ready to meet her needs.

"Does it hurt?"

I laughed and I showed her my tattooed arms.

"The first time, yes, but it's like going to the dentist. You get used to the pain and actually it's a great pain."

She looked doubtfully at me.

"Well, to begin so we get this done!"

I had opened my own tattoo studio. It was as if I had finally found my calling. This was my place in society. No care if I was gay, tattooed or even shaved. Here I was myself. I had let my hair grow down over the shoulders. Maybe I was still inside wanted to scare people, but at the same time I had softened up through the years. I had learned to hold back the anger and through my art I vent to my feelings. I painted pictures, I tattooed and I was sometimes mischievous and made my art in society. The Police had so far never figured out that it was I who painted on walls and trains. I liked to be mischievous at times. I needed it.

"Are you single?"

I think her name was Anna, but I wasn't sure. I looked up from my work.

"Yes?"

She smiled at me.

"Really?"

Zayn, one of the employees had heard her and he was laughing away to us.

"Forget that girl!" he said, amused. "Harry's gay!"

I saw the disappointment in her face and she just stared at me.

"Are you sure?"

I continued with the tattoo.

"Yes, I'm sure."

Zayn grinning large.

"Yes, Harry has never been with a girl, not since he realized that he wanted the guys."

When I finished high school, it was that summer when I told everyone who I really was. Liam had been angry and he wanted to hit me many times, but I was stronger than he, and he was rather afraid of me. I met Zayn that summer and we became friends, only friends. It was with him I had partied, but I had never known who he was. Instead of looking down at me, he took me in defence, and he taught me that there wasn't anything wrong with me. "There are people who fall in love with cars!" he had said. "It seems to me that it's more normal with two guys who are in love." I had laughed at him, but then I realized what he meant. As long as you loved someone it was okay.

----

At nine o'clock in the evening we close the door. The last customer left us and Zayn quickly picked order.

"Are you coming out?"

I shook my head.

"No, I'm going home to the cat."

Zayn laughed mockingly.

"You and your cat!" he said, amused. "Soon I'll believe soon that you are together with your cat?"

I frowned.

"He's the only one which may be close to me and purr."

Zayn snorted.

"Get yourself a boyfriend."

I smiled.

"Yes, when I fall in love!"