"Ms Ashford, since your an only child, I believe your the heir of the your dad's empire." Mr Zafer suddenly inquired.

"We haven't discussed about the matter, but its not really my passion to run our business. I want to stick on my stocks and play with my numbers."

"Well, that is also a good choice, but don't you have second thoughts considering it? It is your dad who raised the company to the top and to give it away like that sounds like a waste." Mr Locsin interjected.

"I haven't really gave it a deep thought but I'd like to not stress about the topic. Not until its already at hand." I answered honestly. They nodded in agreement in my answer and continued to another topic.

"Now here is the bachelor I'd like to chat with." Mr Richardson exclaimed as a man sat on the vacant seat next to me.

"Well I'm really flattered to be, Mr Richardson." Xav, (I believe earlier) said.

"Well we meet again, Milady." His strong English accent reminds me of my grandfather. I rolled my eyes over his overconfident tone.

"I believe the pleasure is all yours because it surely isn't mine." I remarked making him chuckle. The gentlemen on our table started their new set of conversation, completely ignoring the little ramble we're having over here.

"It certainly is." He breathes out.

"I don't like you." I commented.

"Well too bad since you'll spend your li-"

The sound changed successfully shutting him up, the lights started to dim and the auction is on. The auction consists of the orphans 50 exclusive paintings.

"Good evening, ladies ans gentlemen." The host greeted as the lights on the stage turned on. "The auction for Daily Homes auction 20-- is open!"

People in the hall clapped as the music turned on and the host called a few important people to give a speech. I tried to listen to the men on the stage but the guy beside keeps blabbering about certain things that I just do not care of.

"Please. Can you shut the fck up?!" I whisper-yelled to him. "I don't fcking care who the fck you are, just shut the fck up or go fcking bug someone else."

He smirked at me, fascination evident in his eyes as he stared at me. I looked at him too. The dim lights are doing nothing to hide his handsome features if I say so myself.

"Everything." He whispered breathlessly back to me. "Everything for you."

"You sound like a creep." I muttered making him laugh heartily. I rolled my eyes at him and focused back on the stage.

Hours went by as the program started. Few reputable performers are invited to entertain the guests. A dance group just finished performing, the lights dimmed again, the spot light shined down a painting on the stage. Number 38.

"Ladies and gentlemen, what your seeing is painting 38 named, La Esperanza or The Hope." The host introduced.

Its beautiful. Its two silhouettes of hands holding each other towards a home while the back ground was orange for the sunset background. I don't really have a plan to buy any artworks, all I planned to do is to give my donation, but this changed my mind.

"Let's start at 1M."

"1M!" Someone from the back raised his number and shouted.

"1.5!"

"2.5"

"3!"

"4!"

"5.5!" I raised my number making the crowd go still, after all its an Ashford that's bidding.