The Girl Who...

Author's Note:
So I don't normally write this in the beginning, but you might hate me after this... maybe... hopefully not but idek. Anyways, I didn't complete the title intentionally because I want you to fill it in for me.
ex.  The Girl who Tried
or something like that.
***Squeal coming up next week :)

     "Welcome to the Beacon Hills High School to celebrate another wonderful year with such inspirational students. It was truly a privilege to teach every single one of you. Sadly, Greenberg won't be graduating this year... again. Oh Greenberg." Coach Bobby says as he shakes his head in disappointment, "But you all made it bearable for me to keep teaching and coach you all. This event is bitter sweet, but even thought some of you all will be moving to college far away, I know that you will remember this high school from all the memories you have here. And I am eternally grateful that I was a part of your life. Now, we will begin the ceremony so you can step forward to the future." Coach Bobby steps down as he wipes a small tear from the corner of his eye. One by one they called us in alphabetical order. I observed the crowd take pictures of their graduate children. Everyone is so happy finally receive their diploma because that was evidence of their hard work. Their sleepless nights. The overwhelming amount of projects, tests, and homework. The memories. All there in just one piece of paper.

     "Lydia Martin."

     I stand up and hug my friends, then proceed up the stage. I hear the beat from my heels which satisfies me. They place a golden honor rope above my golden sash. They hand me my diploma  and shake my hand as my mom takes of picture of me. Finally, switch my tassel from on side to the other, and gave a light hug, then called the next name.

     "Scott McCall."

     Scott's face light up, showing his bright adorable smile. He worked so hard for this, even when the teachers didn't think he could pass. He deserves this. He sits back down and kisses Kira lightly.

     Then, it was Stiles time to shine. He scans the scenery and searches for the his dad before he goes up. He looks back down, but I give him a gentle smile to reassure him that it's okay. He takes a deep breath and leaves to enter the stage. Then, I see his eyes sparkle with hope, and as I turn around, I see his dad clapping, being as proud as ever. Stiles walked through the stage with confidence and nothing but a smile in his face, showing as hint of his dimples. Three more weeks until I leave for college located in Washington, and this is another memory I will miss.

~~~~~

     As the ceremony ended, Stiles came and hugged me from behind.

     "Hey." He says whispering in my ear, and I can't help but smile.

     "Hi." I turn around to see him grin and wink.

     "I wanted to give you this." He hands me a plain white bag with a bow placed on it. This was such a jubilation, because I love surprises. I give him a skeptical look and raise my eyebrows.

     "Just open it." He watches me open the stapled bag, and there I see one of Stiles favorite flannel.

     "But wh—"

     "That's the flannel I wore on the first day of school. The first time we met and talked. I thought you might want it, you know, for memories."

     "This is perfect! Thank you! It'll defiantly help me keep warm in Washington." I hug him and kiss him on the cheek as I put back the flannel on the bag.

     "Speaking of Washington, can we talk?"

     "Oh, umm, yeah I—"

     "Lydia!" My mom yells from afar. "Come here! Let's take a picture together."

     "Okay mom!" I yell back, then I turn to Stiles, "We'll talk later okay? Promise!" I run toward my mom with the heels creating blisters, making it even harder to run in.

~~~~~

     It's 8:37pm at night when I hear the doorbell ring. Kira yells that she got it from the living room watching one of her favorite movies, Teen Wolf (1985).

     "Lydia! It's for you!" I rush down to see Stiles leaning against the doorway, looking down at his feet.

     "Stiles?"

     "Lydia. Can we talk?" He glances at Kira holding the door, "Privately?"

     "Oh yeah, sure." I lead him to my room, which is filled with candy wrappers, empty boxes, and stacked books. "What's up?"

     He takes a deep breath, closes his eyes, and says those 3 words I never thought he'd say.

     "I killed Allison."