The Guy Who's Sober

Chapter 5 | The Guy Who's Sober

     Going inside Stiles' party has already disgust me. The house is packed with so much people, that you can literally feel their energy and see their aura shining bright with excitement. Practically everyone is intoxicated; and a random person went up to me and yelled, "I JUST FOUND WINNIE THE POOH!!! YES!!! LET'S ALL CHEER FOR ELSA!!! THE QUEEN OF THE WIND!"

Everywhere I went, you either see two people making out, some idiotic actions made by a guy, or a group of girls staying in one corner, trying to act cute and dance to the beat of the music.

Kira separates from me when I came in the kitchen. Although we had a 'no girl left behind' conversation a while ago, she is long gone. There are too much guys surrounding her, showing their biceps. I try get her, and being the small person I am, I was able to squeeze myself, grab her arm, and pull her out of those steroid addicts.

I drink my life out like there was no tomorrow, because I'd rather drown and fill my blood with alcohol, than socialize with people who doesn't even sense my presence. I use to love parties and meeting new people, but now, it's like I'm those little kids who aren't as easily fascinated when they see a new habitat of snakes in the zoo. If anything, I'm that one kid who's terrified of it.

I turn around to tell Kira that we should go home, but she escapes from my grip. I try chasing after her, but it makes my vision darken and through that, it is hard for me to find my balance. As I sit down, I see a silhouette of a male heading towards me. As he get closer, I realize that it was the same guy who wore the maroon flannel two times in a row to school, and to this party.

"Hey, Strawberry Shortcake! You don't look alright."

"Stiles! You need to change that. You wore that like a million times."

"Actually, I have a lot of flannels that is a similar color of maroon."

I just wave him off and take another quick shot of Vodka. Great, I going to have a really rancid hungover.

"Lyds, I think you should stop. Kira and you are drunk, and I don't know how you're gonna get home."

"I'm not drunk! I'm sober!"

"Oh, really? Why won't you look at yourself in a mirror and say that again."

"Shut up! Kira's gonna drive me back home."

"She's drunk! You guys could end your or someone else's life. I'll just take you home." I stare at him and see frighten in his eyes. I quickly shrug it off and say, "Who hosts a party and doesn't get drunk?"

"The kind that tries to keep this house as clean as possible until my dad comes back from work."

"That's stupid. Parties are made for the reckless, not for the weak."

"Okay shortcake, let's just bring you and Kira back home."

"No! I'm staying right here." When I'm drunk, I tend to act like a little kid. It's weird.

"Okay, I'm gonna need to wake you up." Before I could comment on that, he throws me over his broad shoulders and dodges every intoxicated teenagers in a swift motion.

Before I can comprehend what is happening, he sits me down in his car, inserts the seatbelt to the buckle, and slams the door loudly.

"Stiles! Help! He's kidnapping me! Dude! You suck at kidnapping! You're supposed to bribe me with candy!" I say as I see a blurry face go on the driver's seat. I like that album by Twenty One Pilots. It's really good!! Maybe I should— A voice interrupts me away from my thoughts