The Girl who Cared

"Lydia. You need to keep trying. You need to. It gets better, Lydia. Just keep going."

     I debate whether or not to keep going, or just give up. I take one deep breath, and made I decision. I've lasted this long, might as well keep going.

~~~

     Right when I enter the school, I receive dirty looks as everyone passes by me.

     "What a whore."
     "Slut."
     "She deserves to die."
     "She's a nobody. She's not worth our time."
     "No one likes you."

     All of these comments, and more, all aim towards me. Everyone shoving me, spitting at me, calling me names.

     I look around, wondering what's happening. That's until the hallways are filled with neon posters, which catches my eyes. All we're picture of me at Danny's party. When I was in the pool, surrounded by many bodies (mostly guys) near me, and Jackson really, really close. His hand near to touching my butt. The picture shows how much of a slut I looked like. But that's not the truth. I am not that. That picture is taken out of context. I turn around to see Stiles staring at the posters too. Then, he looks at me.

     "Lydia. Don't pay attention to them, okay. They don't know the truth. You know what's true, and you shouldn't mind what they are saying. They don't even know what they are talking about."

     "I just really need to go. I need to go somewhere."

     "I'll come."

     "No. It's fine. I'm fine."

     "Lydia." He comes closer, "We all know that's a lie. I'm coming with you. Do you want me to ask Kira and Scott to come too?"

     "No. I just need some alone time. I just need to think."

     "In your state, thinking is bad, because it gives you the freedom to think deeper. And when you think too deep, something comes to an end. I don't want to leave you, because I want to help you."

     "Fine, whatever. But we're driving in your jeep, and we're going to a place I want to go to." I barge out the school, and Stiles follows.

~~~

     "So where exactly are we going to?"

     "My old house. It's a 2 hour drive."

     "Wow. 2 hours in a car? I'm gonna need to have restroom breaks every once in a while."

     He looks at me, not responding at all to him.

     "Look, if you don't want to talk, it's fine. I'll do all the talking. Umm... but first, where do you live? Or used to live." Stiles continues as he drives his worn out jeep.

     "I'll just give you directions."

~~~

     The road is long, and quiet. Silence creeps up my spine and makes me think about my life. About what my purpose is in life. About how much I'm worth. Humans see people as objects. Seeing if their worth it; worth their time, worth their money, worth their love. I felt like I was worthless. Nothing. Because I've been told that. I felt that. I am that.
I'm broken. I'm numb. Numb from all the pain.

     "So, wanna play the Question Game, Shortcake?"

     "Oh, no. Don't call me that." I stare gently while I give a slight giggle, looking straight into his eyes. "Stiles! Eyes on the road!" I yell snapping off the strong contact we had once I notice a person crossing the road from the corner of my eyes.

     "Oh shoot!" He makes a strong, hard swerve to the right. "Dude! Watch where you're walking! It's illegal to Jaywalk!" He yells, screaming outside the window. "Okay, sorry. Almost hit that dude." He gently says as he turns back at me.

     "Eyes in the road. I don't wanna die yet. Now what's your question?"

     "Umm... What's your favorite color?"

     "Boo! That's a boring question!"

     "Fine." I watch him search for a new question. His eyes are on the road, but I don't sense his presence. He looks like he dozed off. With his brown hair messy from all the frustration we experienced from the jaywalker. I notice him drumming his fingers on the steering wheel. "Got it! How many times can you tickle an octopus?"

     "Oh, I didn't expect that. Okay, ummm... 8?"

     "Wrong! It's 10 tickles. Get it? 10 tickles... tentacles."

     "Ohhhhh!" I actually laughed so hard from this joke. "That is the cheesiest, but funniest joke I've ever heard. I like that!"

     "i like you." He murmurs. He may have thought I didn't hear it, but I did. I just try to pretend I didn't.

     "It's my turn, right? Yeah, okay. What do you want to be when you grow up?"

     "Boo! That's a boring question!" He says mocking me, giving a teasing smirk, "but I want to be a doctor."

     "Doctor? Why?"

     "Not gonna answer that. It's my turn to ask. Okay, do you need to go pee?"

     "What? No."

     "Cause I need to go."

     "Can't you just wait?"

      "No. It's bad to hold it in. I really need to go." He whispers, hopping off his seat.

     "There's Starbucks somewhere here. Just hold it for like 10 minutes."

     "Are you trying to kill me?"

     "Actually yes. Now hold it in."

     "Yes, ma'am!"

~~~~~🍪~~~~~
Author's Note
Hey you guys! Ahhhh got so much to say. First of all, Teen Wolf!!! It's coming up!!!! Omg I'm pretty sure every fan of Teen Wolf has been anticipating for Teen Wolf to arrive. And has anyone seen the trailer of Scream? Tyler Posey and Holland Roden was there and I was screaming (pun intended) of excitement!!!

Now, to a serious topic. Haha how am I gonna start this. Do you want a sex scene for this book? Wow. Never though I'd ever ask that. As an author, it's pretty awkward to write (well for me.) But if you guys want one, please comment yes. Is this weird?

Another serious and very important topic. If you are/ were bullied, please remember that it will get better. There's this poem that I really like, "An entire sea of water can sink a ship unless it gets inside the ship. Similarly, the negativity of the world can't put you down unless you allow it to get inside you." And if they doesn't help you, I just want you to know, that there are people here to help you. I honestly care about every single person I know, and especially you guys! That's why I love talking to you guys through comments and publishing chapters. #nomorebullying

And I'm going to Las Vegas on Friday, and I won't have wifi. I'll try to post my new chapters when I get wifi.

But yeah, that's all. Hope you enjoyed this chaper. Love ya!!!! Here's a cookie... *insert cookie emoji here🍪*
-thecastaways (aka Jamie's Cookies)