The Girl with the Invite

"You're invited for Danny Mahealani's birthday bash this Saturday.
Time: 5:00pm - never ending. Location: 67th street Sunset Avenue, CA.
Password: neverendingshitofaparty
*bring extra clothes. This is gonna be a pool party*
*you have to bring ONE friend. Nothing more. Nothing less*

I say reading off the decorative, classy card I got from my mail. It's been years since I've seen this guy! He was my best friend in 7-8th grade! Glad he still remembers me.

"Hey Kira! Wanna go to a pool party on Saturday?"

"This Saturday or next Saturday?"

"This Saturday. As in, two days from now, Saturday."

"Can't. I have to see my parents on Saturday. We agreed that if I stay here, I have to see them at least once every two weeks. I didn't go last time, so I gotta go this week."

"Please! It's a pool party! You love pool parties!"

"I really can't though. I want to see my parents too. You know, the people who made me. Raised me. Loved me. You remember them, right?" She said tilting her head. "But you should ask Stiles!"

"But it's a pool party. I wanna go with a girl. I don't know if you noticed, but he's not a girl."

"Just ask him." She responds in a serious tone.

"Yes mom!"

~~~

*knock knock*

"Who is this?"

I rolled my eyes and say in an annoyance tone, "It's me, dumbass. Lydia Martin."

"What's the password?"

I give out a huge sigh and say in a monotone voice, "never ending shit of a party."

"You didn't say it right. You have to say it fast and in a British accent."

"Are you kidding me?" no response "Fine. Neverendingshitofaparty!"

"Nope, it doesn't sound right."

"Open the damn door you bastard!" I yell, kicking and pounding the door.

He laughs, unlocked the door, and finally opened it. "Hey Lyds! It's about time you got here! What took you so long?"

"This annoying motherfucker wouldn't let me in."

"Hey! That motherfucker has feelings okay!" His eyes shifts to Stiles with a grin on his face, "and who might you be?"

"I'm Stiles. Nice to meet you." He say, lifting his hand up for a shake, but is taken down as Danny reaches to hug him.

"Oh, okay. Yeah, hey there buddy."

"Sorry, I'm a hugger." Danny responds while laughing.

"Yeah. I brought my best friend..."

"Awwhhh thanks Shortcake!" Stiles interrupts me, while patting his heart.

"...but Kira couldn't make it, so I brought this guy." I notice from the corner of my eye, that Stiles's grin instantly turns into a frown. "I'm just kidding."

We step inside the white living room and out the humongous backyard. There, lives a gigantic pool filled with people dancing and full of energy. The fog is visible through the multi-colored lights moving around. The music is too loud, in which vibrates the ground and transfers into my ears.

"Well, welcome. Hope you have a blast here. There's wine, beer, vodka-"

"Is there water?" Stiles interrupt Danny. One thing I learned when being around Danny. Never, ever, interrupt him.

"Yeah. It's everywhere. This is a pool party." Danny informs him, with a sarcastic tone.

"No, what I mean is— nevermind."

~~~

I instantly get in the pool, wearing my black two piece bikini swim suit. I am in the middle of clear pool, with many bodies against each other. I leave Stiles behind in the house, while I party my life out and drown my pains away. My hair whips through the air, and I dance like there's no tomorrow.

All of a sudden, I feel someone's hand go around my waist and hug me tight. I turn around, only to see someone I never wanted to meet in the first place. Jackson Whittemore.

"What the hell are you doing here?" I yell, yanking his hands off my waist. I don't want him near me. I don't even want our skins to touch.

"Missed me? You look nice. Way better than you were before. You were a little chunky and had braces, but now... you look amazing." He smirks, pulling me in again.

"Let go of me!" I say, searching my way out of this. He's grip is too tight.

"Nah, it's fine. I like it like this. Oh, and I like your little surprise. It was new. I never thought you could ever do that."

I completely ignore him and search for an escape to release from his tight grip. After many push and shoves, my eyes finally meet Stiles's, with anger consuming him. Once I capture a small bit of oxygen, I yell for help.

"Help me!"

Stiles instantly jumps into the pool, shoving every person that interferes with him getting towards me. He is fast, but not fast enough for Jackson to yank me to the other side of the pool.

Stiles finally get a hold of me and grabs my hand, but the water interferes and slips me from his grip. Jackson brings me closer, and punches Stiles to the fave. Then, in a blink of an eye, Stiles's is taken away from the mob. Finally, I receive an idea to kick Jackson right in the private area, which he release his grip, screaming in pain. I think I see some tears, which makes me grin. I get back to Stiles and bring him inside Danny's house, completely disobeying his orders of never going I to the house if you are wet. That we should never wet any of the furniture. I don't know how he expects anyone to do follow that, but he failed miserably.

I run to the restroom, grab towels, an ice pack, slip on the way back to Stiles, and give them to him.

"Here. A towel to dry you off and a ice pack to stop your jaw from swelling. Oh, and thanks for helping me." I say before I sit down next to him.

"Awwhhh. No prob Shortcake. I got your back." He responds, slightly shivering while pinching my cheek.

"Are you cold? I'll go ask-"

"What the heck! You guys completely wet everything!" Danny screams, touching his head in frustration and fear.

"I don't know how you think anyone could follow that. Oh! Can I borrow a shirt and shorts for Stiles to wear?"

"I told you guys to bring extra clothes."

"I did bring some clothes. But this guy," pointing at Stiles, "didn't bring extra clothes because he said he wasn't planning on swimming." I say, standing up towards my backpack to grab my oversized shirt and sweats. I put it on, and put my hair up into a messy bun. Then head back to Stiles and place my legs over his.

"Ughhh fine." He went up the stairs, come back done within minutes, and handed it to Stiles. Stiles tries it on, but it looked a little too small.

"Uhh, this doesn't fit." He say taking off the shirt. He did try the shorts on, and it fit him quite well.

I haven't realize I've been staring at Stiles until Danny comes back and gives Stiles another shirt.

"Thanks this is perfect. Well, I guess we gotta leave now-"

"No! Don't leave! The fun hasn't even begun. It's barely 10:45pm." Danny turns and head to the pool to make a special announcement.

"Everyone! Let the haunting begin!"